Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seductiveasian

04-27-2013

bump

Testostroids

04-28-2013

We have approx 200 - 230 ping. Americans can get like 15 - 50 ping. 4 times the delay? Seems fair.

Samurai047

04-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testostroids View Post
We have approx 200 - 230 ping. Americans can get like 15 - 50 ping. 4 times the delay? Seems fair.
In an RTS style game, 200 - 230 ping is nothing. If you were talking FPS games, then I fully agree that is unacceptable. It's the main reason we don't get a lot of AU MMO servers as well. There is just no need.

all3nowndya

04-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai047 View Post
In an RTS style game, 200 - 230 ping is nothing. If you were talking FPS games, then I fully agree that is unacceptable. It's the main reason we don't get a lot of AU MMO servers as well. There is just no need.

Go play watch videos on Tera Online.

The difference between 100 to 200 ping is massive.

2 archers with the same attack speed fire at a target. One is significantly slower even though they both has the same att speed, know why? Ping.

That's the difference between 100-200.
There is also movement speed delay.

Now imagine this difference in a MOBA GAME. Where things are flying all over the place, skillshots everywhere, juke this, clicking here there.

Yea. It's a big deal.

all3nowndya

04-28-2013

Quote:

Actually, I notice a significant difference between 200 and 170 ping.
When I'm lucky, I get roughly 172 ping.

It feels very different to 200 ping.

sux

04-28-2013

I can't wait. :3

Kurbbyyy

04-28-2013

plz hury up i cant fkn w8

CigarAU

Master Recruiter

04-28-2013

Quote:
You're silver ranked. Try playing in the Plat league with 200-220 ping like I do. Makes a huge difference when the person you're lanning against has 11 ping.

RivalForever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2013

Riot games plzzzzzz we are so desperate and tired of waiting for aussie server xd

RivalForever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2013

BTW WHAT happens to the friend referrals after you transfer your account to AUS from NA...?