Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torcida1911

02-25-2013

Bump.

Riot really is kind of embarrasing on this topic, they call them selves the biggest game worldwide but if they didn't let Garena run the show for asia it would look like a joke.

Gonna bump this **** every day. My ping is now at unplayable level. 272 is the lowest im getting now, used to be 212 but now its just gone to **** maybe server congestion im not sure, definitely not my internet i speedtest it non stop its stable.

kucinghebat

02-25-2013

Quote:
kucinghebat:
supporting oceanic server+garena doesnt do their job

Hi

I am from malaysia. I just graduated from UK since last year
Previously i used to play eu west. Returning to malaysia, i tried to play LoL Garena. It seem that garena doesnt properly managed LoL. There is no tribunal, ppl leave whenever they want, limited time skin for sale that not suppose to be limited, GM abused their power to ban only when troller is in game with them. Just go to garena forum and the first 3 pages of the forum is about ppl complining about tribunal and GM.not doing their job.However garena reply is that SEA ppl are.not.matured enough fot tribunal.

I am sad that I am no longer enjoy lol when I play lol garena. So i tried NA. Its lagging with 280ms but atleast community are much better. Then i realized.that oceanic ppl want.server.

My suggestion is that riot should.stop their contract with garena and make oceanic server that allow SEA ppl to join. Atleast with SEA+ oceanic, the amount of mature community for tribunal is higher. Thanks for reading

I would like to know whats aussie ppl think if SEA ppl join oceanic server. I myself just returned to Malaysia after my medical degree in UK and I realized how toxic my ppl (SEA) can be compared to EUwest that I used to play when I was in UK. If best case scenario riot introduced oceanic server, are u guys comfortable that SEA ppl that are notoriously known for their toxicity to join your server? Or would u guys prefer that the SEA ppl dont join u guys. I myself want to join oceanic server but yeah..... I feel sad for my ppl in SEA.

Torcida1911

02-25-2013

Quote:
kucinghebat:
I would like to know whats aussie ppl think if SEA ppl join oceanic server. I myself just returned to Malaysia after my medical degree in UK and I realized how toxic my ppl (SEA) can be compared to EUwest that I used to play when I was in UK. If best case scenario riot introduced oceanic server, are u guys comfortable that SEA ppl that are notoriously known for their toxicity to join your server? Or would u guys prefer that the SEA ppl dont join u guys. I myself want to join oceanic server but yeah..... I feel sad for my ppl in SEA.

As an australian if Riot put Singapore Malaysia Taiwan, Philipines Indonesia.. whoever the **** they want, I don't care. As long as my ping is green I'm not complaining.

AMCore

02-25-2013

Quote:
target1:
Sorry, my account was not properly flagged, it is now. I can assure you once we have a solid date for launching any new region it will get announced and you can expect us to deliver.

The simple fact is we do not yet have a date for when this will happen, but there are many of us here interested in seeing the experience being improved there. We hear your pleas.

target1...

The fact of the matter is, we will most likely not be getting an oceanic server, why? Because why would they put the effort into such when we're going to keep spending time and money on them anyways. There are things that they advertised coming "within in the next few months" from the beginning of beta that still have yet to be released and/or are only just being re-brought up.

1 of 2 things will happen.

1. They're going to say "we hear you! we're looking into it, we'll let you know!" when in truth, it's a straight up NO. Why lie? Why keep your hopes up? Because it will discourage players from continuing to spend money on their store if people were to know that they have no interest in spending effort into the Australian community.

2. They'll do what many MMOs do. "We're giving you a server! Hooray!" but in truth, all they do is change the timezone on the game to the standard Australian timezone instead of giving us a local or the very least, close server.

It's becoming more and more a chore to play. I, along with a lot of friends that are all spread around Australia, have been suffering horrendous latency as of late. It may be the usual 200 - 300 ping, but in reality response feels to be at least 600 ms at certain spikes, with regular disconnects to the game (along with random players, showing it clearly being a server side issue)

...but I digress, really unless they surprise me in the very, very near future, with doing the unthinkable, giving us a server of our own, I may have to give up trying with LoL. This isn't a QQ post, well I guess it is.. but more so just a realistic point out that.

Draxy

02-25-2013

430~ pages.

Riot is too busy with it's e-sports to focus on a little continent like Australia.

You can spend Millions on a seasonal tournament, but can't dish out the resources to set up an Australian server?

Please just come out and say "No there are no plans to have an Australian Server in the next year." or give us a "3rd quarter 2013" date. This is getting so ridiculous and embarrassing for Riot, treating us like the lower class. We will look back at this one day as one of Riot's biggest Shames.

IdentitySequence

02-25-2013

Kangaroos don't need servers...

Gunnandahalf

02-25-2013

something something

Vidiclol

02-25-2013

hope

Harvog

02-25-2013

Well the way I see it. Either Riot makes LoL Australian servers or people eventaully get sick and go play DOTA 2.

Demisë

02-25-2013

I think this is defiantly well over due. Us Australias support your game buy spending money on it and we are left with a lowsey 200-300 ping, really Riot don't you think its about time you gave back to this part of the world.