Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riokai

02-21-2013

WOOO RIOT POST, OH WAIT, Nothing useful...just them finally acknowledging this thread and ignoring as before.

Spacenoodles

02-21-2013

Epic thread is epic. I would sincerely hope that once the NBN gets fully rolled out, the price of hosting bandwidth intensive services would come down somewhat, and make hosting an Australian server more attractive for Riot.

1Matt

02-21-2013

bump

hungmanchoi

02-21-2013

Fistbump for hope of a brighter future with an aussie server..

R3dund4ncy

02-21-2013

Quote:
Spacenoodles:
Epic thread is epic. I would sincerely hope that once the NBN gets fully rolled out, the price of hosting bandwidth intensive services would come down somewhat, and make hosting an Australian server more attractive for Riot.

Nah, NBN is probably going to cost more than the copper networks for quite a long time. Sure, it might be cheaper per Mbit for large traffic sustained connections, but it won't actually prove to be that much more attractive than our current infrastructure. I found a cost sheet somewhere a few weeks ago and it looks like, for the time being anyway, the bandwidth:cost ratio isn't going to change as much as people seem to be hoping, not to mention that most districts and areas will not have NBN coverage for the next 5 years. If Riot said they were going to wait for the NBN, it would really be more like saying that it isn't going to happen.

SageMoad

02-21-2013

bump

Gunnandahalf

02-21-2013

^

DLChade

02-21-2013

Quote:
Werewolf:
target1,....
....Even if it is a plan for Season 4, some update would be better than nothing. I'm sure many of the competitive Aussies and NZers would like to enjoy the ever growing E-Sports community of League of Legends.

I agree, even a little hope for next year is better than no hope at all. Has there been any progress at all since 9 months ago when you said you were looking into this?

With the slew of recent servers, such as greece ect, i personally was extremely exited that we may yet have a more localised server. Sadly, no news as of yet

Scatter Bolt

02-21-2013

pieceofpecanpie

02-21-2013

Quote:
R3dund4ncy:
[weird and totally irrelevant smoking analogy]

[...]I'm also kind of high right now... but anyway...

Oh the irony...