Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TraitorDice

01-19-2013

Haha, yeah this is far more important than Beiber smoking

vidiclol2

01-19-2013

I'm actually typing this from Valve's browser waiting 2:33 mins for Dota 2 game.

TraitorDice

01-19-2013

yeah longer ques but the ping is worth it

Katalyste

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
Riot Games,

Please advise the status of an Australia / Oceanic based server for League of Legends.

There is your large thread (1 year ago) collecting data here regarding our terrible latency issues to your NA server that we have to put up with: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1174937

Also, many people are now aware of the upcoming release of the DOTA 2 Australian server next month: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post407410

Picture of in game ping below

I am sure Riot, that you are not ignorant to these events. The many Australian / New Zealand players here deserve an update regarding this matter. I have been a loyal player since Closed Beta 2009 and I even traveled from Australia to LA to watch the Season 2 Championships in person. I like your game, I have stuck with it through all of the changes and I am upcoming to 4 years in this great community. Unfortunately, after hearing DOTA 2 stepping it up for us, often forgotten and ignored members of the gaming community, it comes to great sadness to have to start favouring another game over this one, just so that we can comfortably play without 200-300 latency.

I don't want to play DOTA 2 over League of Legends, I want to play League of Legends with <100 latency. Unfortunately, we are greatly lacking any information or updates from you regarding if or when we may be seeing some good news about our struggle to compete in a competitive game due to constant latency issues.

tl;dr: Requesting Riot to provide an update to Australian / Oceanic players regarding if or when we are going to see a server that is dedicated for our region.

Aussies and Kiwis, keep this thread bumped up for exposure so we can get a reply. Any bumps from the caring Americans would also be much appreciated

Thank You

-

Edit: 1000 upvotes! This topic is a great concern for all players of our region, we hope to get an update soon.

UPDATE: TheOddOne stating how terrible the gaming experience is in Australia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25nNtJv9ptg#t=1m43s

A wild reddit post has appeared: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...ers_needs_you/

Also a very helpful aussie below:

A major concern for most of us:

I think this will be the case for many of us, our aussie friends will be divided due to wanting to play Dota 2 with a low ping and wanting to play League of Legends with their current friends and community.

An sensible post from reddit user Dyerbolical

Australia and New Zealand will be deprived of forming any sort of real competitive League of Legends network that can perhaps one day compete with the pro teams from other regions, due to not being able to experience the game and constantly practice in a latency closer to a LAN environment.

A basic summary of the thread so far:

Also this:

Below is my ping in the new Aussie DOTA 2 Server. It is located in Sydney.
Bump! Dota2 are taking players away from you guys cos you guys r layzee

Katalyste

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraitorDice View Post
yeah longer ques but the ping is worth it
It'd depend what time of the day you are playing.

Also, I think I would be willing to wait in 5 minutes queue for better ping. I already do on Garena sometimes.

NZ Firetruck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Phreak, I know you're online. I CAN SEE YOUUU! pls answer.

Jungle Jarvan IV

01-19-2013

sigh

Gunnandahalf

01-19-2013

bump to be ignored

4EverQuickScope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Bump

Jungle Jarvan IV

01-19-2013

bump