Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scatter Bolt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Bump!

TraitorDice

01-19-2013

Bumpin'

Bromarcia

01-19-2013

bump

publicshark

01-19-2013

My internet has recently capped and it's max speed is about 10kbps atm.

For some reason I've experienced the best ping so far at 180ms, whereas uncapped it normally hovers at 220.

Everything runs very smoothly except for larger teamfights of >3 players while my internet is capped, and my ping is stable. While it is uncapped with about 750kbps, I experience horrible lag spikes and a less stable connection, but teamfights are smooth.

So for me it seems that bandwidth has very little impact on the ping value, only that the events in game cannot load fast enough at lower bandwidths.

In game many Americans say "get better internet" when from this, I can see that it's clearly not the problem.

Australia, N.S.W.

Trynnelol

01-19-2013

bump

TraitorDice

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by publicshark View Post
My internet has recently capped and it's max speed is about 10kbps atm.

For some reason I've experienced the best ping so far at 180ms, whereas uncapped it normally hovers at 220.

Everything runs very smoothly except for larger teamfights of >3 players while my internet is capped, and my ping is stable. While it is uncapped with about 750kbps, I experience horrible lag spikes and a less stable connection, but teamfights are smooth.

So for me it seems that bandwidth has very little impact on the ping value, only that the events in game cannot load fast enough at lower bandwidths.

In game many Americans say "get better internet" when from this, I can see that it's clearly not the problem.

Australia, N.S.W.
The Americans that say that are silly. True, internet connection does play a role in it but really distance is by far the larger factor when it comes to crappy ping in Australia.

HamsterOfWar

01-19-2013

this

TraitorDice

01-19-2013

Bump like an Alistair

TraitorDice

01-19-2013

bump

Daly

01-19-2013

I love reading NA players complaining about having 90 ping or 150 ping and i'm just sat here thinking; haha okay ****er take a trip to AUS and experience the thrills of 250 ping then you'll stfu about what us AUS players dream of having.