Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TraitorDice

01-18-2013

Bump for Kangaroos playing too.

scottsauce

01-18-2013

settle down reds, don't all post at once..

TraitorDice

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsauce View Post
settle down reds, don't all post at once..
Maybe that's why they haven't posted, they're all very carefully and strategically planning it to avoid a sudden rush of them

Scatter Bolt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Bump

wolfezin

01-18-2013

bump

Trynnelol

01-18-2013

bump

Cursed Yeti

01-18-2013

bump

NZ Firetruck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

I just sent a PM to RiotMagus' Reddit account. Hopefully he sees it and replies.

Hi RiotMagus,

I'd like to take the time to talk to you about something that I think is very important to a large number of your players.

Is there anything in the works for the Oceanic Esports scene? I would really love to be able to compete at a professional level but I can't help feeling as though the region as a whole has been neglected by Riot games.

One of the main issues facing LoL players from this region, who might be interested in breaking into the Esports scene, is the lack of a server for us to play on that provides decent latency. Is Riot planning to implement anything to help Australasian players compete at a global level? I think there's a lot of talent down under which is hidden by the fact that players are forced to play on 150+ ping if they want to play League of Legends at all.

I've been campaigning on this issue for quite a while now and I'm not the only one who feels this way. There is a thread on the General Discussion forums that has over 1000 upvotes and upwards of 260 pages of replies. The majority of which are people voicing their support for this issue.
Even if you aren't planning on setting up a server for us, it would be very much appreciated if someone from Riot would post in this thread and inform the players as to what the situation is. Because at the moment, it feels like Riot Games just simply doesn't care about a large slice of their community, and frankly, I don't think that's okay.

I'm sorry if this message seems sour, as I can see how it might come across that way. That is not my intention, the tone of this message stems from frustration. However, I really do think this is something that Riot needs to address, and I'm sure that myself and many other players from my region would appreciate a response, even if it's not good news.

I look forward to hearing from you, or one of your co-workers soon.

All the best,

NZ Firetruck

Fongletto

01-18-2013

bump

iiChemzz

01-18-2013

Playing on ~ 180 isn't bad for me because I do not notice any lag, but if my ping goes down to about 40 that would be amazing. Also having universal accounts or being able to transfer accounts from region to region will be great. This will mean that if the prime time for players in Australia is at 8pm the people in the US and EU can sacrifice a high ping for a faster time to find games.