Is a free Champion Weekend good?

Yes - Free Champion weekends rock 1,537 43.49%
No - Free Champion weekends suck 1,202 34.01%
I love lamp 795 22.50%
Voters: 3534. You may not vote on this poll

Free Champion Weekend - Good or Bad Idea?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotChris

Director of Publishing

10-12-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Is a free Champion weekend actually a reward? We've heard a couple people complaining about players messing up games by playing with Champions they don't know, but we've also heard it was awesome to play with Champions you don't know.

What do you think? If people don't like them we will do something else cool to celebrate winning awards.

- RiotChris

Its Backbeard

10-12-2010

of course its awesome, i love being able to try new heroes and see if i want to buy them

FakeOrgans

10-12-2010

Make them all free in practice or normal games but never let them in ranked until a certain amount of games played.

Lost Visage

10-12-2010

Good idea... I enjoyed testing out a few champions. Admittedly, though, I didn't touch ranked games, and I failed at Pantheon. Galio was fun, planning on buying him soon. ^^

It's not really all that different then having a few free champions. Really, I don't think that it would be a horrible idea to give anybody 1 free game of any champion once a month.

Edit: Lamp :3

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-12-2010

good, but I think people would rather enjoy a "double IP" weekend or something similar, so that they can buy the champions they want rather than only have them for a few days.

The Crow

10-12-2010

I think it should be free in Normal games, but not in Ranked games.

Asmoh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

keep free champion weekend for normal and practice

but not for ranked.

Alairic

10-12-2010

I think it's a good idea to give people the opportunity to try out new heroes. It also makes all random and all mid games more random too. xD

Runkis

10-12-2010

well for players like me who only miss 11 champs and rarely get a free champ everyweek... IT WAS AWESOME^^

Shiddy

10-12-2010

Too many people playing champs with no idea whatsoever how to play them... Bads will be bads. Free champ weekend was ok other than that.