It finally struck me who Neon Strike Vi is an homage to.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragonKaosu

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGo Tibbers View Post
Her recall animation in that skin sold if for me instantaneously. Also, anyone else reminded of Franky from One Piece?
Yes... Yes I am
Attachment 572312

Edit: Frack... I was Shen'd

AHeroNamedHawke1

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael Hawkwinter View Post
Why are anime kids reaching and stretching so far and desperately to try to connect her, based on next to nothing, to some anime character, when the obvious is so obvious?

Anime kids... Sheesh...
Im sorry that the recall animation reminds me of Franky. I am deeply regretful that I have different tastes than you your majesty. I will remember to not do it again.

Protip: Calling people kids on the internet makes you a mature adult.

Tammerlein

12-10-2012

All right, the Franky recall is pretty obvious, just a little added joke. However, the overall theme of the skin seems like Jubilee, the goggles from her early appearance, the neon lights, and the suit from her de-powered Wondra persona.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ileewondra.jpg

Reaganomics

12-10-2012

Isn't her recall animation the actual motion/dance that Franky does though?

Not a one piece fan... but I've seen enough of the show to know that she is obviously a reference to Franky to some degree (Cyborg like character with giant fists, blue hair, passive icon and Q icon also looks like something directly from the manga, sunglasses and identical recall animation to motions the character does), however that does not mean her inspiration was not also drawn from Jubilee... the glasses are pretty iconic.

DeathByWaffle

12-10-2012

Huh... Interesting. Still would prefer it if Riot made Full Metal Vi

Tammerlein

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainstorm232 View Post
Another vampire skin for League.

I'm going to get downvotes from people that aren't X-Men fans...
I get it

II DC II

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

the recall had inspiration (rightfully so due to her massive gauntlets) to One Piece, but you are right about the other inspiration, damn, didnt think about it, forgot about her

Reaganomics

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
Huh... Interesting. Still would prefer it if Riot made Full Metal Vi
I would prefer she got Steel Legion, at least it would make sense on her.

AHeroNamedHawke1

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganomics View Post
Isn't her recall animation the actual motion/dance that Franky does though?

Not a one piece fan... but I've seen enough of the show to know that she is obviously a reference to Franky to some degree (Cyborg like character with giant fists, blue hair, passive icon and Q icon also looks like something directly from the manga, sunglasses and identical recall animation to motions the character does), however that does not mean her inspiration was not also drawn from Jubilee... the glasses are pretty iconic.
My point exactly. The recall and hair remind me of Franky. Rest is probably Jubilee (I didnt know the character existed before this thread, not really into comics). OP is too busy throwing a hissy fit over the fact that I happen to like something he doesnt.

CombustablePanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Can't the skin be referencing multiple things?

Some of the people in this thread seem to be acting like it can be only referencing one thing :/