ARAM strategies!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draktok

10-12-2010

Me and my friends started playing some ARAM games ( all mid all random for those who don't know ) using the following rules:

1. You can not B under any circumstance. You must die if you want items.
2. You can not kill any thing in the jungle or push any other lane.
3. No fortify, no GA, no snowball.
4. I think that's it? Placeholder in case I missed something.

Anyways, we tried a few different strategies, and the one we liked most was 5 smites, 3 heals and 2 clarities. Clearing an entire minion wave every time our cd was up was pretty effective. What strategies do you use or try to employ? I know having 4-5 heals 4-5 clarities in popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draktok View Post
Also, randoming a champ GG isn't a strategy guys.
The malzahar ward strategy is a great one. For those who don't know, malefic visions can bounce to a ward but will not deal damage. This will lower his damage out put significantly in the lane.

IamGrimm

10-12-2010

Hit the jungle as a strategy.
Nawww, hope for Poppy and run flash.

At least a few heals/clarities are awesome.
If you face Malzahar, bring a ward.
5 Smites is fun, but everyone should take flash as well. Not dying is key to that game.

EquisScry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

1: Random Janna
2: ????
3: Profit

Sfyri Ithikos

10-12-2010

If you get healers, make sure you have enough clarities to keep them up and running at all time. Smite would be fun but when it comes to an actual team fight (when the groups finally start running into each other) they lose value. Possibly rally considering you guys will be in such close quarters if you're melee? i think ignites would work wonders too.

Draktok

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmz View Post

5 Smites is fun, but everyone should take flash as well. Not dying is key to that game.
We won a game last night due to them having an eve. ARAM brings a whole new meaning to eve being worthless.

Draktok

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfyri Ithikos View Post
If you get healers, make sure you have enough clarities to keep them up and running at all time. Smite would be fun but when it comes to an actual team fight (when the groups finally start running into each other) they lose value. Possibly rally considering you guys will be in such close quarters if you're melee? i think ignites would work wonders too.
Yeah, our smites were pretty worthless after about 20 minutes, but we had the first tower down with ease with our harass / minions pushing them so hard. If they had a healer, it may have been a whole different story.

Acclue

10-12-2010

step 1: hope you get blitzcrank
step 2: 3-4 kills before minions spawn
step 3: ???
step 4: victory

Dracorya

10-12-2010

Smite in my opinion is not a good idea, if you push too hard then they get to hug their tower and freely farm, drags the game out way too much. Also it tends to make teams impatient which leads to mistakes.

I'd rather see most of the team carry heal/clarity with one person carrying exhaust/ignite for offensive reasons.

Draktok

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
Smite in my opinion is not a good idea, if you push too hard then they get to hug their tower and freely farm, drags the game out way too much. Also it tends to make teams impatient which leads to mistakes.

I'd rather see most of the team carry heal/clarity with one person carrying exhaust/ignite for offensive reasons.
We only played two games, we'll try other stuff out today

Autiga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmz View Post

Confused - What does an opposing Malz have to do with buying wards? Are they not just necessary for stealthers in ARAM?