Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Beta Client opening as the NA server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suzy Turquoise

12-10-2012

I've had an account here for a while now, just switching to a new computer. I downloaded the client at the link here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2579267&

Now, when I open the client, it lists it as the North America server. The folder is labeled "LOLPBE" and I've made sure the files aren't mixed up with the regular client folders. Is there any way to fix this, or do I just need to find a different client download?

Thanks for the help!

Jsilvermist

12-10-2012

Before trying to run it, you have extracted the entire thing into its own folder first right? Just clicking on the launcher while it's still in the zip file won't work.

Also, if you can't get it to work, you can redownload it here:
http://pbe.account.leagueoflegends.com/

NoPlace2Go

12-10-2012

It's fine as north america server? o.o Did you mean your normal client is listed at NA and not EU or something?

Suzy Turquoise

12-12-2012

I did extract it, then opened the launcher. It launched just fine, but didn't start the job of the initial monster patching session that it does when you first open a client that you didn't previously have. It just opened the NA server, didn't patch it, didn't give and option to change to the PBE server. No idea what the problem with it is. I'd try the repair function, but I don't want to risk messing up and having to re download and patch the NA server if it repairs the wrong set of files, as it's a computer in a public place where patching and downloading slows down the community's internet.

Pimpinabox

12-12-2012

I have a hard time believing you're not just accidentally opening up a regular client.

Suzy Turquoise

12-13-2012

I currently have the beta open on a separate computer. It works just fine. I use public computers. I've downloaded, unzipped, and patched the beta at least four times. Twice I've had this problem. I know for certain I am not opening the wrong launcher because I haven't even removed it from the unzipped beta folder yet. Moving it, creating shortcuts, altering paths, none of those have changed the fact that the launcher opens the NA server. So either, the download was bad (and it was the official one - if that were the problem there would be more complaints like mine) or something about the paths, the caches, or the version files in the game folders is messed up, and if that's the case, I don't know what I'm looking for to fix it. That's why I'm asking for help. Not because I'm opening the wrong client.

Suzy Turquoise

12-18-2012

Bump to get this topic some traffic, I still haven't solved the issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem? It's happened to me twice now, on two different computers.