game freezing for a few seconds at start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

10-12-2010

In the past week or so I've noticed that when the game first starts, it will freeze for a few seconds right when everybody is at the shop picking up their initial items. Sometimes it freezes before I hit P to open the shop, sometimes it freezes right after I hit P (but before it draws the shop UI).

I don't have this problem if I boot to windows and play, and I never used to have this problem when the mac client first came out.

Its not gamebreaking, but it does mean I can't really make it to the bushes before a quick enemy.

iMac 27" 2009
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
512MB ATI 4850
8G RAM

2560x1440, all settings on High, Shadows on Medium, 60fps during slow parts, 30fps during team battles.

skillznrice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-12-2010

yeah i got the exact problem as well lol

Sheldons

10-12-2010

its when you open the store, its probably loading the items.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldons View Post
its when you open the store, its probably loading the items.
Like I said, this happens regardless of opening the store or not. It also didn't happen when the Mac client first launched. It happens now roughly 80% of the time.

I'm far from the last to finish loading on the champion loading progress screen. I'd like to think the purpose of this screen is to have all players load in their data and then start the game at the same time, giving nobody an unfair advantage due to computer speed.

If the game is freezing for a few seconds upon first entering the game, this runs counter to this assumption.

soulesstwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2010

yeah i get this also but it happens like 100% of the time and it really annoys me because i like to have control of the bushes

IS16a3ff844aad4a3710df9

10-14-2010

i get the same problem , when the game start , frozen and few second later restores to normal

YungSteezy

10-15-2010

My friend who just downloaded mac client to play with me has the same problem. He says its annoying, but not entirely gamebreaking. The invisible chars however are!

Muttface

10-15-2010

I have the same problem and it affects me when I jungle w/Shaco because I like to get 5 jib's down for the golem at the start and the freeze messes with the timing on that. Also, the client in general seems a bit stuttery (that's not a word) it runs completely smooth if I run bootcamp and run it but I get the occasional stutter here and there in every game.

Zocalo

10-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillznrice View Post
yeah i got the exact problem as well lol
this. lasts 10 seconds at the start of the game.

Taiwan Terror

Recruiter

10-16-2010

Happens to me every game