What ADC counters MF?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Menea6587

12-10-2012

I know you can pick Zyra, Nunu, and Taric to screw with her passive, make her hit less, or simply be too tanky for her to 100 to 0 you.

Applying the same thing to ADC, any ADC that:
wrests AA trading power from her
is too tanky to burst down
benefits greatly from getting up close and personal
has slows or deals damage over time

should counter MF pretty hard on paper. The following ADC are what correspond to above:
Graves
Caitlyn
Draven
Sivir to a lesser extent

For those who main ADC (I just play it on the side), does that match up with your experience or am I missing something?

Sephiroth420F4n

12-10-2012

To be honest, I don't fight against a lot of MFs. But in theory Draven should do very well against her.

scrappycocopuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Ashe is the only AD I can think of that actually beats MF in lane simply because Ashe can just volley her and walk away to completely avoid trades. This is true for Caitlyn to a lesser extent, too. Draven can probably trade even with her too but I've never played that matchup.

It's more up to supports to deal with MF because her trading power is so high. She gets completely ****ed by CC unless she takes cleanse.

oXCutePandaXo

12-10-2012

MF is a strong 1v1 AD and a strong laner purposely because her survivability in teamfights is the worst among all ADs.

NeoLlama

12-10-2012

tristana

Call Me Khal

12-10-2012

Supports are usually the ones who counter MF, stuns and CC **** her harass.
Having said that, I think Ashe, Cait, and Draven can lane against her.
Ashe and Cait have the long range, Draven has matching harass as well as a knockback for Ult or removing harass.

Menea6587

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappycocopuff View Post
Ashe is the only AD I can think of that actually beats MF in lane simply because Ashe can just volley her and walk away to completely avoid trades. This is true for Caitlyn to a lesser extent, too. Draven can probably trade even with her too but I've never played that matchup.

It's more up to supports to deal with MF because her trading power is so high. She gets completely ****ed by CC unless she takes cleanse.
The only problem I see with Ashe is the whole minions blocking W thing. Plus, MF scales very well into the game with a BC (and I'm talking about BC with the CDR, ArPen and passive unique ), so the falling off from S2 isn't an issue.

Mylon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Lulu. She's got E + Q to chase, W to stop MF from fighting back and/or cancel her ult, and her ult to bait and for additional CC. She's like an ADC with her own peels built in. Pair her with a offensive support like Sona or Taric and MF will cry.

Aeolian Melodies

12-10-2012

Cait seems like a good bet because of her range advantage.

Sivir might be good if MF is maxing Q first.

Draven can probably win trades against even a Miss Fortune because he's such an early powerhouse.

Graves has pretty good burst AND free tankiness from his passive, he should, by all means, be able to handle MF.

Ezreal has good poke and good disengage, he should probably fare well.

Same with Corki.

Basically you want to avoid "vulnerable" ADCs against MF - Kog, Vayne, Varus, Ashe (to some extent) because she will very easily bully them out of the lane.

As for your support, you need CC.

Janna can slow her and she can also nado her from afar to hit her out of her Strut, and on top of that her shield is not countered by Impure Shots. Great disengage.

Leona can punish Miss Fortune for committing to a trade and turn the fight around.

Taric, the stun, the tankiness, the armor aura, obviously.

Blitz can probably mess her up pretty badly too, Miss Fortune has NO escape whatsoever.

Basically as your support, anyone but Soraka can do fine.