"I'm 1st pick so fk u"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breau

12-11-2012

It's done by highest ELO. Proven.

10thVangola

12-11-2012

I personally dont like a low elo player taking a mid or top lane.

Because %80 of the time when u join a game a last or 2nd to last pick go right away "mid" or
"top"

I personally always check there accounts in lolking.net.

And if you pick mid or a top champ. They go "well im still going mid/top"

And as for you dodging 2 times its because you wanted mid or top and you are mad you didnt get it.

so you dodged because you were most likely forced to support.

EVERYONE has done there part in being forced to support.

Raise you're Elo and then you can one day 1st pick whoever you want.

xXCFXx Avenger

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Assuming this is true and it is not at all related to Elo, isn't this all the more reason for first pick to get to play whatever role he wants?

If everyone has a 20% chance to get 1st pick, then it stands to reason that everyone has a 20% chance to get last pick, and everyone has a 20% chance to get every other pick.

So if I'm going to be forced into whatever leftover role the 20% of the time that I'm last pick, then by God, I'll be picking whatever role I want the 20% of the time that I'm first pick.
I don't think couterpicking means as much as you think it means.

First off, if the enemy team has already selected their mid, and I'm first pick, I can pick a mid already knowing what mid the enemy team is sending at me.

Second off, if your team got first pick, your mid can get counter picked even if he picks last, because the enemy team will already have last pick. If both teams were employing the "Don't pick a mid until the enemy team picks a mid," then the team who picked second always wins that battle, so if your team has the first overall pick and the enemy team is truly interested in counterpicking you, picking your mid first is hardly much worse than picking your mid last.

Third off, let's talk about what counter picking actually means. Some of the strongest counters in the game only manage about a 7% better win-rate against the champion they counter then what that champion manages versus all the other champions. Now, I'm not going to shuffle this off into the land of complete insignificance, but let's say mid is my strongest role. And let's say my main is Kassadin. Let's say I have a 70% win rate playing as Kassadin. My next best champion is, let's just say, Ryze. My win rate with Ryze is 53%. If the enemy mid is a Veigar, I counter him, so my win rate is closer to 60%. Meanwhile, as Kassadin, my win rate against Pantheon when he's picked as a counter to me ends up being closer to 63%.

So, what do I do?

Do I pick Kassadin, with whom I manage a 70% win rate against all champions, but if they pick Pantheon to mid against me, that will drop to a 63% win rate?

Or do I wait to see whether or not the enemy picks Veigar, so I can counter him with Ryze and manage a 60% win rate?

I mean, just look at the gap there. My hypothetical win rate as Kassadin is 70%. Even when I'm counterpicked, it remains a 63%. Meanwhile, the best win-rate I manage with any other mid champion is 60%, and that's ONLY when I've counter-picked the enemy.

What's more, when I first pick Kassadin, the enemy team may have some mid who thinks "Well, normally I play Karthus... but Kassadin is a strong counter to Karthus, so instead I'll play Pantheon, because I know Pantheon is a counter to Kassadin." But the reality is, that player has like 500+ games played with Karthus and he's only played as Pantheon like 10 times. So despite Pantheon being a counter to Kassadin, my winning chance against this particular Pantheon may actually be higher then my normal win rate with Kassadin in general because I'm laning against someone who is completely unfamiliar with the champion they are playing.

sorry you will have to leave, no smart people play LoL

Stargate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thVangola View Post
I personally dont like a low elo player taking a mid or top lane.

Because %80 of the time when u join a game a last or 2nd to last pick go right away "mid" or
"top"

I personally always check there accounts in lolking.net.

And if you pick mid or a top champ. They go "well im still going mid/top"

And as for you dodging 2 times its because you wanted mid or top and you are mad you didnt get it.

so you dodged because you were most likely forced to support.

EVERYONE has done there part in being forced to support.

Raise you're Elo and then you can one day 1st pick whoever you want.
Raising your elo is irrelevant as everyone have 20% chance to get first pick. I agree that when you're first pick, you get to choose what you want to play even if the last pick called it first but there's no reason to be a... about it, just say it politely.