"I'm 1st pick so fk u"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flagrock

Senior Member

12-10-2012

First pick is the highest elo. I know if I'm first pick, I'm trying my hardest to get a swap so that I still can go top with a counter pick. I can fill roles, but with a 6/1 wins to loss top I'm going to go top and usually win. (Yes, I lost one when I was having awful lag and they had to get a 3-4 man dive team to camp top and I still went 5/1 in laning... jungler was 0/12 I can't carry that hard )

Seriously though, first pick gets first priority in what role they get. Now, I call top, but I'll grab a support or jungler and swap with last pick half the time, but I still called top and I still got it so don't complain! When I'm last pick, I try to get swaps set up to help the people wanting mid/top ahead of me and I go support and don't whine. That's how you win games, you don't complain and work as a team


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azerax53

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notdoppler View Post
First picking your mid champ is fine unless you're in the higher elos. The chances of a person actually being good enough to destroy you with the particular champ that counters you is unlikely. People say diana hard counters kat, yet ive played kat against dianas, and none of them really demonstrated what makes diana a counter.
Apparently you haven't played against any good dianas then because diana is tankier than kat and should be able to take your damage and then dish out about as much damage as Kat. I guess if you shut a diana down pre 6 then i guess that works because Diana's insane damage comes from her ulti.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

izuul

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerax53 View Post
Apparently you haven't played against any good dianas then because diana is tankier than kat and should be able to take your damage and then dish out about as much damage as Kat. I guess if you shut a diana down pre 6 then i guess that works because Diana's insane damage comes from her ulti.
you dont know how diana works her damage come from passive and her q while her ult helps its for catching an enemy and initiating an enemy not her main damage source


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solemendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
I find it funny that you've supposedly read the summoner's code when the summoner's code clearly says that first pick gets first pick of the heroes and thus roles.
read it again it says nothing of the sort it says try to fill roles that is all


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

12-10-2012

"If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level."

Emphasis shouldn't need to be mine, but it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrock View Post
First pick is the highest elo.
For what it's worth, my post at the bottom of page 1 assumed that pick order was completely random as the original poster claims.

I do want to point something out here though. You still have a 20% chance of being first pick, whether or not pick order itself is random, because team composition is random. That is, the 4 players you get as teammates are randomly selected from a pool of players with similar Elo. If the match-making system is working properly, you should have the highest Elo on your team about as often as you have the lowest Elo on your team (and every rank Elo in between).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ten Inch Rooster

Senior Member

12-10-2012

I usually respond to that type of an attitude with first asking if that's really how they want to set the tone for teamwork in this match. If he persists then I point out to him that if he's going to act selfishly at the start over striving for a win he's probably not worth our time and I feel sorry for as it must be difficult to play well with an attitude like that. If he still persists to cop an attitude I just say I can easily put in a support ticket to Riot to address concerns with their gaming community. They always then ask why would they care? I respond that Morello is my daddy. They never believe this (as they shouldn't) and say so so I then proceed to say, "Well then call my bluff, but regardless I would advise you to really try and enjoy yourself this game." This gets rid of them a lot more of them than it should. But hey, simple tricks for simple minds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Inch Rooster View Post
I usually respond to that type of an attitude with first asking if that's really how they want to set the tone for teamwork in this match. If he persists then I point out to him that if he's going to act selfishly at the start over striving for a win he's probably not worth our time and I feel sorry for as it must be difficult to play well with an attitude like that. If he still persists to cop an attitude I just say I can easily put in a support ticket to Riot to address concerns with their gaming community. They always then ask why would they care? I respond that Morello is my daddy. They never believe this (as they shouldn't) and say so so I then proceed to say, "Well then call my bluff, but regardless I would advise you to really try and enjoy yourself this game." This gets rid of them a lot more of them than it should. But hey, simple tricks for simple minds.
Are you actually saying that the toxic attitude is the guy saying "I'm first pick, going to play mid", as opposed to the last pick guy going "IM MID"? Because that's ridiculous.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Are you actually saying that the toxic attitude is the guy saying "I'm first pick, going to play mid", as opposed to the last pick guy going "IM MID"? Because that's ridiculous.
Are you actually not understanding this isn't what the op is saying? The op is raging that people first picked mid or whatever role after he called it. Good god.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ten Inch Rooster

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Are you actually not understanding this isn't what the op is saying? The op is raging that people first picked mid or whatever role after he called it. Good god.
^This. Just in general if people waltz into champ select with a "I'm this because I'm first or bust!" attitude. Its a team game that requires teamwork.