Urgot questions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rovos

12-17-2012

Been playing Urgot for the free week and I think he's awesome. I have two questions. He seems like his armor reduction and slow abilities are pretty nice for team fights.

1. What are his downsides?

2. Would he work well in a support role and if he does who might be best with?

Thanks.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

1. He doesn't have the damage of a true AD carry. He's very mana dependent(although with season 3 and Muramana, he can become quite viable regardless), so without a Soraka support his laning suffers.

2. He can support reasonably well - I've had to transition to a more supportive role in two games, one because I was lagging and couldn't farm or position well, so I deferred to my support, and the second because my support managed to pick up some of the early kills and started becoming more deadly then I was. However, he's not a good pick to start the game as a support, since he lacks peel, a targetable shield, or any kind of sustain. His harass can be pretty good, until he runs out of mana.

I generally bring him out when I'm a late pick and my team has high damage but lacks durability. He's alot tankier then any other champion that's played in the ADC position, and still maintains a reasonable damage output. He can also prevent an opposing ADC from scaling as well into late game, which can be an advantage if the rest of your team can cover for the fact that you're not actually a carry.

So he definitely has his uses - but they're not very common, and he's definitely not a true support or a true carry.

Turncoatlol

12-18-2012

I tend to disagree, I believe urgot to be a viable adc pick in almost any team composition. and with more advanced urgot play he's one of the only champs that can hold a lane 2v1 besides possibly graves. I say this because even though adc is not my strongest role, he's generally my main adc pick. If you really want me to go in depth you'd have to contact me, I wouldn't be able to write it all out in 1 reply.

Phantaztick

12-18-2012

His drawback is his lack of escape. The shield helps, but he doesn't have an arcane shift, an aoe slow, or net launch type of mechanic. With the low cooldown on his missle launcher, he's great at picking on ap casters and other adc toons.

acosn

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovos View Post
Been playing Urgot for the free week and I think he's awesome. I have two questions. He seems like his armor reduction and slow abilities are pretty nice for team fights.

1. What are his downsides?

2. Would he work well in a support role and if he does who might be best with?

Thanks.
1: Urgot really isn't anything. He's not an ADC, and he's not an AD soak so....he's kind of an anti-carry. This is by no means a bad thing, but you'll have to spell out what you intend to do with him.

2: Urgot's a poor support. He doesn't lend himself to either disruption, or longevity in lane so really he makes for a poor baby sitter.