Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Morello Kat's recall and her skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CanadianGuyEh

Recruiter

12-09-2012

11/12/2012 your kidding right? Kat's new recall is SOOOO BAAAD.

Hey Morello, so I kinda came here on the point of what you said in the forums

(the following being Morello's post)
"Let me slow down and give you a more nuanced explanation here (I tend to get caught up in the rapid-fire of volume posts coming in and post too quickly to fully communicate the intended thought):

Let's take a look at two sexy female champions, using their bases as an example: Miss Fortune and Katarina.

Miss Fortune Over-the-top pirate hunter. Outwardly sexualized to a point of character definition. "****ty" personality, "hot girl."

Katarina Deadly, sadistic dagger assassin. Sleek, quick and deadly. Shows cleavage and midriff to make attractive, but not seductive personality-wise. Keeps it sleek and quick - not a lot of adornment.

These characters are both really sexy from a proportions and clothing standpoint (equally so in a lot of ways). However, Miss Fortune's base should blast you with sexuality and never conserve on it - it's important to everything she is designed to be.

Katarina is generally sexy as an aside, not as a primary motivator. She's a cool assassin either way, having her be hot just makes her generally more visually appealing. Sexiness is secondary to cool.

You can do the same thin on Kitty Kat Katarina and the Christmas Katarina skin. Kitty Kat Kat is "that ****ty costume on Halloween" start to finish. Christmas Kat uses more Christmas tropes overall, and that tends to be the theme - it has sexiness because Katarina is sexy overall, but it's a secondary theme. High Command Katarina is the same in this regard (though more serious).

We may disagree, and that's OK, but this is the evaluation type we're talking about here. Maybe we sold "sexy" more than intended, maybe it's the read from the animation itself overall, but it's secondary to the character - not primary. Sexuality is more primary on Nidalee too (which is why we didn't change her pole dance on the rework)."

Ok, so yes you do make great points here, but here is just something for a thought. When We buy skins for characters, we buy them because we want them to look different from the other mains, I dont wanna look like a regular master yi when i could put on my head hunter yi, this giving the personality of the player playing the character.

HOWEVER.... when a skin is released, sometimes people buy the skin because its the same champion, but it gives them a different personality. For example, I think pentakill olaf did not make alot of sense. It does not really match his personality of a beserker. However its still an awesome skin. We pay money on these skins to change them in some way

Surfer singed does not make too much sense either, singed is a mad scientist and he has a surfing skin? not saying its an awesome skin, but it strays away from his orginal character, Blade Morgana does not make too much sense to me either. My whole point is that the skins dont HAVE to 100% match the MAIN concept of the character, the skins allow the champs to, in basic terms, let loose. It gives the player freedom to show their spin on the character.

So removing the pole BECAUSE sexy is not her orginal main concept.... I may have to disagree on that one. Should you remove it? personaliy I kinda was sad when i found out you guys were removing it. Im just saying my opinion....

CanadianGuyEh

Recruiter

12-10-2012

InSpades

12-10-2012

And WHY REMOVE THE POLL DANCE?!?!!@!>?!

KyroRayne

Recruiter

12-10-2012

Quote:
CanadianGuyEh:

HOWEVER.... when a skin is released, sometimes people buy the skin because its the same champion, but it gives them a different personality. For example, I think pentakill olaf did not make alot of sense. It does not really match his personality of a beserker. However its still an awesome skin. We pay money on these skins to change them in some way

Surfer singed does not make too much sense either, singed is a mad scientist and he has a surfing skin? not saying its an awesome skin, but it strays away from his orginal character, Blade Morgana does not make too much sense to me either. My whole point is that the skins dont HAVE to 100% match the MAIN concept of the character, the skins allow the champs to, in basic terms, let loose. It gives the player freedom to show their spin on the character.

I would have to say that Pentakill Olaf does make sense as a berserker. Have you not seen drummers in heavy metal bands??

Surfer singed makes sense to the point of them still using bulwark shield as a surf board and his big poison bottle as a lotion bottle. They didn't have to change the model much for that, and it was more of a comedy skin just like Corporate Mundo and Badger Teemo.

However, adding that pole dance to Kat's recall is just out of character as a recall animation since that hasn't been related to any of her skins. I would say put that on Nidalee's christmas skin, MF, or Janna since all of them are obnoxiously sexy from their jokes, taunts, etc..

ValorAndGlory

Recruiter

12-10-2012

Quote:
Jenkin Rei:
I would have to say that Pentakill Olaf does make sense as a berserker. Have you not seen drummers in heavy metal bands??

Yes, look up Amon Amarth

But I still think showing ones dexterity and limberness is still pretty assassiny so to speak.

Izisery

Recruiter

12-10-2012

You don't think the personality of a berserker isn't similar to that of a Drummer? O_o Think that through a little more...

Also, I believe his point was more one of logistics... Where did that huge candy cane come from? It's not like you could see her carrying it around with her while she fights. Which, with Nidalee, she does carry a huge spear around with her in fights.

CanadianGuyEh

Recruiter

12-10-2012

well now i think of it perhaps the drummer idea is alright

surfer singed still does not make sense to me

and about the candy cane thing, what about bad santa veigar? where does the chimney come from?

Idk I still think that the pole dance actually adds to her character

I just don't think that its a good reason to remove it.... idk

CanadianGuyEh

Recruiter

12-11-2012

this new recall is awful

AvariceSyn

12-11-2012

Quote:
CanadianGuyEh:
Plus, Katarina is a noxian, they are immoral and don't care about anybody, maybe thats how they spread their unmoral christmas cheer, through candy cane strip poles

It's not a stripping pole, it's just a candy cane and they removed the awesome recall animation because of people like you.

LegionofArcana

12-11-2012

Quote:
CanadianGuyEh:
11/12/2012 your kidding right? Kat's new recall is SOOOO BAAAD.

Hey Morello, so I kinda came here on the point of what you said in the forums

(the following being Morello's post)
"Let me slow down and give you a more nuanced explanation here (I tend to get caught up in the rapid-fire of volume posts coming in and post too quickly to fully communicate the intended thought):

Let's take a look at two sexy female champions, using their bases as an example: Miss Fortune and Katarina.

Miss Fortune Over-the-top pirate hunter. Outwardly sexualized to a point of character definition. "****ty" personality, "hot girl."

Katarina Deadly, sadistic dagger assassin. Sleek, quick and deadly. Shows cleavage and midriff to make attractive, but not seductive personality-wise. Keeps it sleek and quick - not a lot of adornment.

These characters are both really sexy from a proportions and clothing standpoint (equally so in a lot of ways). However, Miss Fortune's base should blast you with sexuality and never conserve on it - it's important to everything she is designed to be.

Katarina is generally sexy as an aside, not as a primary motivator. She's a cool assassin either way, having her be hot just makes her generally more visually appealing. Sexiness is secondary to cool.

You can do the same thin on Kitty Kat Katarina and the Christmas Katarina skin. Kitty Kat Kat is "that ****ty costume on Halloween" start to finish. Christmas Kat uses more Christmas tropes overall, and that tends to be the theme - it has sexiness because Katarina is sexy overall, but it's a secondary theme. High Command Katarina is the same in this regard (though more serious).

We may disagree, and that's OK, but this is the evaluation type we're talking about here. Maybe we sold "sexy" more than intended, maybe it's the read from the animation itself overall, but it's secondary to the character - not primary. Sexuality is more primary on Nidalee too (which is why we didn't change her pole dance on the rework)."

Ok, so yes you do make great points here, but here is just something for a thought. When We buy skins for characters, we buy them because we want them to look different from the other mains, I dont wanna look like a regular master yi when i could put on my head hunter yi, this giving the personality of the player playing the character.

So removing the pole BECAUSE sexy is not her orginal main concept.... I may have to disagree on that one. Should you remove it? personaliy I kinda was sad when i found out you guys were removing it. Im just saying my opinion....

You are right on all accounts the slicin the candy cane is not holiday like. They should put her up in the original one bec idk if she being a prostitute or not but i found the original to be quite decent (100 pecent) amazing