Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My proposal to balance Black Cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoundhouseDunk

Recruiter

12-09-2012

I've seen a lot of peoples takes on Black Cleaver, and how it's way too strong but not on the AD Casters it was meant for. I've been thinking about it, and here's my idea:

Change the passive to:
UNIQUE passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion increases your AD by 10* for 4 seconds. This effect cannot be triggered on the same enemy champion more than once every 8* seconds.

EDIT: New version -
UNIQUE passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion increases your AD by 10* for 4 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10* seconds.

*Numbers would probably need changing/balancing

Basically, Black Cleaver gives you a temporary burst of bonus AD. AD casters and assassins want burst, not sustained shred. Tanks won't want this because they can't make use of the burst. Some AD carries MIGHT want this, but in general they want continual damage.

This makes Black Cleaver more of an actual AD Caster Item like intended. It adds more BURST.

They should then bring the armor pen on brutalizer back to 15 and either make BC 20 or leave it at 15 but lower the cost a bit.

I realize this means you won't be helping your team by shredding armor for them, but this is meant for AD casters, aka assassins like talon or kha zix. They aren't there to shred armor, they're there to kill people with burst.

Thoughts?

demonfood

12-10-2012

i like it, but heres what i would do with it.. khazix e to the adc, w on my way in to their tank so that im hitting 2 different champs with 2 diff abilities, q their adc. then one shot the rest of their team with a few e's on cooldown.

i really like the idea of the direction that item would be going though

RoundhouseDunk

Recruiter

12-10-2012

Quote:
demonfood:
i like it, but heres what i would do with it.. khazix e to the adc, w on my way in to their tank so that im hitting 2 different champs with 2 diff abilities, q their adc. then one shot the rest of their team with a few e's on cooldown.

i really like the idea of the direction that item would be going though

Note that the bonus WON'T stack when hitting multiple people, it'll just refresh. Otherwise yeah that'd be insane.

Draconic74

12-10-2012

Quote:
Aldo13:
Change the passive to:
UNIQUE passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion increases your AD by 10* for 4 seconds. This effect cannot be triggered on the same enemy champion more than once every 8* seconds.

So, basically, you will almost never stack it more than once? As an assassin you excel at hitting one target, right?

Quote:
Aldo13:
EDIT: New version -
UNIQUE passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion increases your AD by 10* for 4 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10* seconds.

So, basically, you can't physically stack it more than once?
----------------------------------------------
Just make the current passive unique.

RoundhouseDunk

Recruiter

12-10-2012

Quote:
Draconic74:
So, basically, you will almost never stack it more than once? As an assassin you excel at hitting one target, right?

So, basically, you can't physically stack it more than once?
----------------------------------------------
Just make the current passive unique.

The point is, assassins don't get a chance to stack it much anyway. I'm suggesting that it doesn't stack at all, it's just a temporary boost to aid bursting.

Draconic74

12-10-2012

Quote:
Aldo13:
The point is, assassins don't get a chance to stack it much anyway. I'm suggesting that it doesn't stack at all, it's just a temporary boost to aid bursting.

Then don't buy it on assassins. It wasn't meant for them in the first place. There is a perfectly good item with damage and high armor penetration. As an assassin you don't need to reduce armor for your team, so just ignore it. Assassins are selfish.

The problem with it right now is stacking 2-3 times provides pretty good HP, quite a bit of damage, instant 30% armor reduction, and another 30-45 armor pen on top of that.