What are the Best Junglers for Season 3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sodaen

12-09-2012

I searched through the forums, on google and through youtube videos. I could not find any reference to what are supposedly the best junglers right now. I am sure people are still trying new things and attempting to figure out what the best junglers are but till then I want to gather some information from people's opinions on what they have seen.

I have looked at ReignofGaming and it is kind of a travesty as he lists them solely based on the speed of the jungle in this case and that is particularly mind-boggling. Of course Olaf is one of the fastest but how in the world would that make him tier 1 jungler? He has no capacity for ganking!

Does anyone have any opinions they would like to throw out to help me out? In season 2 I commonly used Amumu and did exceptionally well with him. It's not even as if I want to play jungle but when time comes where I must play jungle I want to be well-fit to serve my role very well especially in terms of ganking as that is what I like to do most of the time while not falling too behind if I don't succeed in my ganks.

Nocturne and Dr. Mundo are considered tier 1 and I have been trying them but I do not feel as if I am doing anything. Sure I am jungling with great speed but what good is that if I can't gank. I know that Dr. Mundo has the ability to gank but he has so many downsides it is painful.

Appreciated in advance!

Knîves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

I still use mumu >_>

Sodaen

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knves View Post
I still use mumu >_>
Well there in lies my confusion. In season 2 I would do AP/Tank Amumu with 21 in Defense and 9 in Utility. Runes I would use Movement Speed Quints and 10 Magic Pen (so Sorcerer's Boots would add up to 30) which is now probably unviable. What would you suggest as a mastery page for Amumu now?

Maeyu

12-09-2012

...? Perhaps get a better handle on your junglers first. With cheap wards, you have to pretty much run straight in and get ready to gank without hesitation because there are wards everywhere now. lol

noc, mumu, elise, malph, ali, shen, xin... etc

Lugia978

12-09-2012

I've seen Cho do better than he did last season... He had a large natural health pool (6x Feast anyone?)

Since health is harder to get this season...

Sodaen

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeyu View Post
...? Perhaps get a better handle on your junglers first. With cheap wards, you have to pretty much run straight in and get ready to gank without hesitation because there are wards everywhere now. lol

noc, mumu, elise, malph, ali, shen, xin... etc
Well I mean I have 80 chars and 20 runepages. I see what you are saying though about that. You want chars that can engage without allowing any opportunity for wards to even matter. Rush in stun and kill him right?

CrimsonWraith

12-09-2012

Karthus is still pretty boss in the jungle.

Sodaen

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonWraith View Post
Karthus is still pretty boss in the jungle.
Yeah but what happens if the enemy akali jungle invades? What then?

SnugglyBunnies

12-09-2012

I like Amumu still, I hear that Nunu is a ridiculous beast... Kayle, situationally or for the lols.

BongoxBongo

12-09-2012

I've heard Nocturne, Shyvana, Maokai, Skarner are still solid for sure. Also, most AD Casters.