My laptop is kinda old . . .

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SLRMercedes

12-09-2012

Is this laptop good for LoL?

HP Pavillion G6-2123us 15.6" Laptop (AMD A6-4400 Trinity Processor 2.6 GHz with 3.0 GHz Turbo, AMD Radeon HD 7520G, 640 GB HDD, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium)

Bolby

12-09-2012

Seems rather Meh to me. that AMD card isn't amazing, 4 GB RAM is not great and You probably want an intel or quad processor of some sort. I never really thought HP was renown for gaming rigs.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolby View Post
Seems rather Meh to me. that AMD card isn't amazing, 4 GB RAM is not great and You probably want an intel or quad processor of some sort. I never really thought HP was renown for gaming rigs.
It's a laptop dude. It isn't a gaming rig.

It should be able to play LoL on at least medium settings with a solid 60 FPS. I would wager that you could probably get it to high no problem. Though it will probably run smoother with Windows 8 since it is a lighter and more memory efficient OS.

Nya Poptart Cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Rad...G.71728.0.html
Scroll down and look at benchmarks for games. Now compare.
Can play it no problem though.

Bolby

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
It's a laptop dude. It isn't a gaming rig.

It should be able to play LoL on at least medium settings with a solid 60 FPS. I would wager that you could probably get it to high no problem. Though it will probably run smoother with Windows 8 since it is a lighter and more memory efficient OS.
Yea I understand that, but there are actual laptops designed for gaming nowadays. Either way, Laptops aren't radically designed for video games in general. You can actually, if you can find the parts, build laptops nowadays too. The point is, I am comparing stats to a standard Rig. Something that runs games on a superior level. He will probably get 40-50 FPS on medium with those stats. This isn't a bad thing at all, but I don't know what his expectations are either.

Map Awareness

12-09-2012

Isn't it sad that your old laptop's specs are better than my current one's?

Okay, my mom got mine for about $400, but still.

Zerocaliber

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolby View Post
Yea I understand that, but there are actual laptops designed for gaming nowadays. Either way, Laptops aren't radically designed for video games in general. You can actually, if you can find the parts, build laptops nowadays too. The point is, I am comparing stats to a standard Rig. Something that runs games on a superior level. He will probably get 40-50 FPS on medium with those stats. This isn't a bad thing at all, but I don't know what his expectations are either.
Yeah, but that isn't his question. He probably needs the laptop for college and doesn't care how it compares to a standard rig. And he will easily clear 60 FPS on medium. Hell, my 3 year old 2.0 GHZ AMD processor with a Mobility Radeon 4500 something can run LoL on low settings at a solid 60. Can hit medium at around 30-40 FPS. The 7500 series shouldn't have any trouble even if they are a mobile graphics card.

SLRMercedes

12-09-2012

yeah, I also need it for college works. The laptop I m using right now is Compaq Presario, with an intel celeron processor. for the Graphic Card, i forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
Yeah, but that isn't his question. He probably needs the laptop for college and doesn't care how it compares to a standard rig. And he will easily clear 60 FPS on medium. Hell, my 3 year old 2.0 GHZ AMD processor with a Mobility Radeon 4500 something can run LoL on low settings at a solid 60. Can hit medium at around 30-40 FPS. The 7500 series shouldn't have any trouble even if they are a mobile graphics card.

hitkilla

12-09-2012

my phone is faster

ash626

12-09-2012

your laptop will do fine, ive seen many rigs that have lower specs that still run lol alright