[Guide] 10 New Player Tips to Make Your First Games Smoother.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kase

11-25-2009

When selecting a hero, pick one with strong easy to deploy CC. Stuns first, ranged snares second.

Second, stack nothing but hitpoints until you figure the hero out and only than start rotating out damage or ap items. Surviving to use your cc and do some damage is better than having a fully buffed spell that you never get a chance to use. The opposing team will see your low hp bar and target you first.

Stuns and hitpoints will make the OP's suggestions even better.

thegamenet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-25-2009

Nice Guide Trubbles, I added it to www.thelolwiki.com and gave you full credit.

Well done.

Kalimar

11-25-2009

I like your post, but can you format it a little better next time? I was critted for 5billion from that text

Blarfles

11-25-2009

Oh god enter key please.

Good tips but painfully hard to read.

Trubbles

11-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarfles View Post
Oh god enter key please.

Good tips but painfully hard to read.
I thought the bullet points were good. (And you have to hit Enter to get the next point...)

Trubbles

11-27-2009

Friendly bump now with better formatting in the OP

JohnnyFurey

11-27-2009

Excellent newbie guide, covers all the basics without getting into the ever-so-tempting intermediate tips that makes all the noobs say "wow, look what a veteran that guy is (even though half of that **** made no sense to me whatsoever").

I'm still fairly new myself, but never looked to many of the guides for...ahem...guidance, beyond a crash course in a new champ here and there - I picked up most of this information in fragmented form over the course of my first few matches, as does most anyone with a modest amount of common sense (but not quite enough to read all the guides first, or an ego too large to care), but it's nice to see it all in consolidated form, from a much more experienced player, and know that I was plodding in the right direction. Extremely helpful for noobs such as myself, who, unlike myself, spend more than a few minutes doing their homework before jumping in with both feet.

All in all, short, concise, comprehensive - great work, and thank you for taking time to extend a helping hand to some new (and hopefully, potentially excellent) players. Cheers :)

Ruibarian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

Good start to a great guide. I don't know about the mana regen advice, not all heroes require mana regen at all. I think a better tip would be to go over a guide online for whichever champion you choose to practice. Generally, and though this may not be true for all of the guides it holds true for the majority of them, the item builds are GREAT. Writing down the item/ability builds will greatly improve your chances of playing well. Also, many champ guides will tell you a playstyle that is advantageous to the hero. My point is, you can't do well playing every champion the same way. That, or I would put in the tip to check out every ability you have either at the champion tab in your summoner profile or at the very least before yo allocate your first skill point. Make a plan for yourself and build your items around that idea. One of the examples I can think of for this is that Katarina has a Rylai's scepter under her recommended items. If a new player goes for a physical damage build, which is the majority of her other recommended items, Rylai's becomes an awful choice. Wayyy too much money for 500 hp and a slow with a tad of damage added to shunpo.

BEST ADC W0RLD

01-12-2010

11) Learn from your mistakes. Learn from people who just stomped over you, your team mates and their aunties.

Sadness Assassin

01-12-2010

A great guide, makes me wished I had read it when I started out.