AD Malz Bottom with Black Cleaver and Manamune upgrade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

12-09-2012

Yeh, the fact that odyn's veil, Frozen fist and heart have defensive values that aren't reduced by pen means they're still good buys on AD malz.

Damieh

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
***** please, we talking about the same AD malz?

How does he not handle mid game swaps? The enemy swapping with him
A: Won't have QSS
B: The necessary armor and mres to stop being shredded by both his sources of damage

With regards to ganks, here's a tip: buy rylais; It's not taboo to build a little AP on AD malz for the sake of utility. Silence and dot your would-be ganker and laugh as you run away while your voidlings tear them to shreds. If you haven't had a 2v1 double kill under your tower, you haven't played AD malz enough.

Thanks for field testing BC anyways. Saves me the trouble of going a potentially **** build.
I've had quadras beneath my tower, and from your advice.. you clearly need to play versus competent opponents.

No problem about testing the cleaver =)

Mindllapse

12-09-2012

I don't think AD malz bot is good anymore. I just played against a Brand and as soon as he got Blackfire Torch I wasn't able to do anything to him even when I stacked MR. I could hold bot just fine, but so can a number of champions. It sure isn't the old AD Malz where you can WIN bottom with relative ease.

Arcades79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindllapse View Post
I don't think AD malz bot is good anymore. I just played against a Brand and as soon as he got Blackfire Torch I wasn't able to do anything to him even when I stacked MR. I could hold bot just fine, but so can a number of champions. It sure isn't the old AD Malz where you can WIN bottom with relative ease.
If you're struggling against a caster bot lane because of his range, you either have to do a better job landing your Q so you can move in for your combo, or pick up a Black Fire Torch yourself and use the insane radius of Null Zone to whittle his health down until you can do the above.

TCWA Tigerbite

12-10-2012

I couldn't stop Talon from melting me as AD Malz. :[ Those Black Cleavers...too strong :[

RBeckham

12-10-2012

A big part of AD Malz is building up enough defense to let the voidlings do damage. With the current penetration debacle, i'd say he's weaker in certain matchups.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckham View Post
A big part of AD Malz is building up enough defense to let the voidlings do damage. With the current penetration debacle, i'd say he's weaker in certain matchups.
Exactly. With armor/MR being more expensive, good items like Heart nerfed to hell, and retarded penetration stacking, it is really difficult to pile up enough defenses to let your voidlings do their damage.

MMKH

12-11-2012

I've faced some AD Malz with BC and Muramana, he did noticeably more damage with his voidlings than I remembered, but at the same time he was a lot easier to burst with his item investment leaning on damage more than sustain.

MyDeadGrandma

12-11-2012

The general rule is 'miss your silence and you die' against anyone with a black cleaver and a gap closer.

Solution: don't miss your silence.