Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(Map Concept) 3 team battlefield 5v5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SLAYER6752

03-21-2013

I liked the original idea of having three mid lanes converge at the center of the map, possibly circling around a baron style pit, and having those three fight there. I don't quite like the center just being the jungle as there would be no clear boundaries. The first jungler that can assert their dominance would end up controlling until the other two could find a way to kill him, which isn't that likely to happen.

In order to balance the game a little bit more we could give all structures two health bars, one for each team. A team would only have to destroy their section of the health bar in order to have the minions proceed past it. Meanwhile towers would be able to shoot at two targets at once as long as they are on different teams. To win the game one team must destroy their portion of both enemy team's nexuses. This would allow the team that has their nexus destroyed first stay in the game after both of the other teams grouped up together just to beat them first.

Trumpet Timex

03-21-2013

Yeah, I liked the idea of a mid lane too, but not many people were on board with it and it's mechanics. It also made the jungle look like the last 5 minutes at an all you can eat buffet. I will work on a better revision of the 3 lane version for those of you (and me) who like the idea of 3 mids duking it out.

The only reason this format is up is to give people some variety and ideas of how to make unique maps. 1 thing this version of the map has is more variety in team size. In the 3 lane version, you needed a mid, a top, and a bot. that left 1 person to jungle (if they so desired) and 1 person to support the lane of their choice which could really mess with people who didn't know whether they were 1v1'ing or 1v2'ing. In short... you had to have at least 4 people to make the map viable and efficient, and 5v5v5 seemed to not fit in

This map works with a 5v5v5 layout (2 ppl per lane and a jungle) as well as the increasingly popular 3v3v3 format (1 person per lane and 1 jungler). Even a 4v4v4 isn't as awkward as a 5v5v5 on the first version I put up.

I am glad you like the 3 lane map, though, because that means I have a reason to work on it some more. I'm going to put a better jungle, and I want the lanes to be more in touch with each other to really abuse team fighting, but I don't know the best way to go about doing this yet.

As usual, post all comments, thoughts, and criticisms so that our map may be pleasing to everybody. If you have your own drawing of a map, throw that on here too. The better we mix these ideas together, the better the finished product should be.

Dunkingscrubz

03-21-2013

i think the easyest thing for a 3 team battle would be just a round arena with no minions. only small jungle camps stashed to the sides. teams would battle for points resources or just kills. Almost like the arena mode in smite.

LiveD LivE

03-22-2013

Yeah that's a really good idea.

The more map modes the better but I don't think Riot want many different maps because all the competitive are on SR and its still their bandwagon.

pumpikin

Recruiter

06-13-2013

But a round map battle for resources sounds too much like Dominion... What if it were a 2v1 (teams) game where the solo team would get a better position, maybe Defend the King or something like that?

oO Slaave Oo

06-13-2013

I like the idea of a 5v5v5 but what I'd suggest is for a slight layout change to keep it in a more similar layout to summoners rift.

Set it up in a circle (Tri-angles lead too little room to jungle) with 1 path between teams A and B, A and C, and B and C (essentially top and bottom lanes) that have waves of 6 minions just like summoners rift.

Then add a mid-lane that connects in the center of the map. Have each wave consist of 12 minions, that split into two groups at the middle 6 that go to the left and 6 that go to the right so at the middle of the map is 3 separate clusters of minions, A vs B, B vs C and A vs C.

The other suggestion you could do is allow "Check Point" style towers. At each tower point have a twin pair of statues, each one only attacks players and minions of a particular color. this would mean if Team A kills Team B's first tower they could safely walk up to their second tower but team C would still have to kill team B's other first tower to advance. This stops the whole "Team up and Push" issue.

I also suggest possibly lowering the team size down to 4. This would allow for 1 top 1 bot 1 mid 1 jungle and would mean all-in teamfights would only have 2 more people then a SR teamfight, not a huge brawl of 15 players causing massive lag spikes and disconnects.

Pirateelfdog

06-13-2013

My post from almost 11 months ago: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2257303

Great minds think alike, eh?

pumpikin

Recruiter

06-25-2013

what if instead of going an indefinite length of time, the map had a defensive team and 1 or 2 offensive teams. If the offensive teams do not achieve a certain objective by the end of the timer, the defenders win... Potentially, you could rig certain other triggers to alter the timer (defenders jungling reduces time remaining, offenders jungling increases it...). The defenders would have far superior structures, buffs, and/or position, but the offenders would be 2 times the number, and could potentially come at the defenders from 2 completely different directions...

Trumpet Timex

07-06-2013

Pirateelfdog,

I'll be completely honest, I had absolutely no idea you beat me to the forums on this idea. I guess I should've searched a little harder, though. Like many of the summoners on our bandwagon, I've pondered this map concept a long time and I've only recently gotten around to posting it.

I didn't copy your map, I swear! That will be very hard to prove because of how similar... or identical my map is to yours. I'm telling the truth, but you'll decide to believe me or not.

Back on topic, I just want this map to actually happen, and you seem to have a lot of support from the LoL community. I will support your thread and maybe, just maybe, this map will exist one day.

For all you nay-sayers out there, ARAM started as a game that the community made.

Trumpet Timex

08-30-2013

Finally got a working copy on the forums.

LoL 5v5v5 JPEG.jpg