Liandry's Torment not a AP items And i think it's OP.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkyMN

12-08-2012

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ry%27s_Torment

Liandry's Torment

Maps Summoner's Rift
Tier Legendary
Stats +70 ability power
+200 health

Passive
Unique Passive - Eyes of Pain: +15 magic penetration
Unique Passive: Dealing spell damage burns enemies for 5% of their current health as magic damage over 3 seconds. If their movement is impaired, they take double damage from this effect. Half duration for multi-target or periodic effects. 300 max damage vs monsters.

This item passive is fixed dmg: 5%.

And it's doesn't need or effected by AP.

That's why many tank like singed,mundo,amumu build it,and ****ing op as hell.

Fix it pls ,Riot!

UnblestDevotee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

It's not op at all. That 5% in most cases only equates to around 2 or 3 percent due to magic resistance on average. Yes it does add some punch to their spell power but not enough to really make a difference on tanks seeing as they mainly just worry about staying alive and dealing damage over long periods of time.

EyeHearShapes

12-08-2012

Not op sometimes i even find it to be up

Snipawolfe

12-09-2012

It's a waste of gold on most champions. If they don't have an AOE/DoT, it's basically worthless. I laugh when people rush it on Kat or something. Ideally, it'd be on Amumu or Singed with a Rylai's too. Otherwise, there are better items to take instead of it.

Beef All The Way

12-09-2012

On teemo its op as aids..... teemo with 400 ap and that item his l3 shrooms hit me for 1.2k and I had 120 mr.

PussPounder Esq

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
I laugh when people rush it on Kat or something.

I don't think you understand the point of why Liandry's Torment is built if you think it's funny people rush it on Katarina. For one it provides some tankyness with health. For two, it adds that extra oomph to her already strong kit. But the thing you're missing about it most of all, is that it's an incredibly cost efficient moderately high AP item with 15 Magic Penetration. It may only give 70 AP, but the Unique Passive of burn, the spell penetration and the AP combination make it an incredibly strong item.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-09-2012

I think the OP misread the item. The percentage damage deals 5% of the target's current health--not 5% of your own health. Could you imagine Volibear with this item and his E (which is a slow, so that'd be 10%) or his R?

PussPounder Esq

12-09-2012

Also 5% of Current hp. Has 200 hp burns for 10 damage.... OP AS **** SON

ToasTersTruggle

12-09-2012

Whatever everybody else has said about magic resist.

ALSO---

The fight has to be prolonged for it actually be REALLY good. Imagine it in a teamfight where people are dying in 3-6 seconds. The Liandry's damage is really cut down.

But.. what you are probably complaining about it's OP'ness is for example: Evelynn with it in the laning phase. Oh god

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-09-2012

I don't think the fight necessarily has to be prolonged for it to be really good. It just needs to be built on spammy champions. Katarina is good because she gets resets, but if she's getting a reset, someone is already dead, so the fight it going to end quickly anyway. Ryze is another champion that could potentially exploit this item.

His QRQEQWQ burst would hit on target at least six times. If he built a Rylai's Crystal Scepter with it, we're talking about 60% burn just from Liandry's Torment.

But I don't know whether Ryze is stronger with Liandry's Torment or not. To maximize Liandry's Torment, you kind of need to build Rylai's Crystal Scepter. So now we're talking about a Ryze build that adds two items with no mana and aren't super cheap.

Honestly, Jax's W may make this item pretty powerful. Suppose you rush Trinity Force, as always. Jax's W would have a chance to slow from Phage (so sometimes it's 10% damage). Liandry's gives him good AP and some magic penetration. Also, Jax's R passive would proc Liandry's Torment, I believe.