Suggestion (with Photoshop!) on how to massively improve the store experience.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

m1lk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

What I don't get about the store is this --

1) They don't have enough recommended items by default, you need an item changer to list six items per slot. With 5 rows and 6 items per column you have 30 items per champ...99% of games you're going to be buying the same 15-20 items, so pack that first page full of all appropriate items (ie, everything that's not Rabadon's Deathcap on Riven) and 99% of the player base won't need to hunt around in "All Items"...ever. You still have your variation in builds; their AP mid is beasting so I go Hexdrinker, their AD carry is strong so I'll go for an earlier Randuins, etc.

I strongly recommend anyone who dislikes the store goes and finds an item changer, and puts the 30 items they're most likely to buy on their main champs in the "Recommended" area...on Lee Sin I never even leave that first page.

2) They decided to use half of the width of the store with the new "filter" system. I think the filter system makes sense, it's nice to click on "armor" and "AP" and find an item you want when their Rengar is fed but you still want to build some damage. However, the layout just doesn't work.

Something like this

http://i.imgur.com/irKRu.jpg

on the other hand let's you see a MASSIVE selection of items, cover a lot of ground with the scroll bar, and still enjoy the new "filter" system. In case my two minutes of photoshop weren't in depth enough, the top there with classes like "DEFENSE", "ATTACK", etc can be further broken down. Those individual boxes can be selected and the resulting items will be filtered. Click "DEFENSE", all defense items are shown. Click "ARMOR", all items with an armor component are shown. Combine "ARMOR" and "ABILITY POWER", and you find the Zhonya's quickly.

However, when just scrolling, you cover roughly twice as much ground with the horizontal item layout as opposed to the vertical layout...it just makes more sense.

For reference, here's the store as it appears now, in all it's ugly glory: http://i.imgur.com/tVzm8.jpg

tl;dr rearrange the store like this http://i.imgur.com/irKRu.jpg

Sephrinx

12-08-2012

Me likey

JevelFaithful

12-08-2012

i actually like that too.
My sole complain about the new shop is that with just a 1x[something] box for items. It's hard to find one without searshing. Or with a filtering too large.

m1lk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

I was out all day, hoping this would get a bigger response.

The functionality of the store improved with this patch, but usability went down a notch.

Hopefully a red will see this and the thread will explode

BarbarousFungus

12-09-2012

I completely agree, the store as it is now seems less functional and utilitarian than before. so many levels, so few items displayed at once, everything seem distractingly big and bright. The S2 store did exactly what it needed to and nothing less.

thegoochmiester

12-09-2012

If you've played league for long enough most of the time you are basing you pull your store up on the way and probably know exactly what you want to buy. Or have an item that builds into it. The search in the new shop is amazing imo.

mnun

12-09-2012

Give the store time, it's much quicker, people aren't used to it

Sloshula

12-09-2012

I like this idea, but I also really like the current shop. Give it some time, some testing, and everything will be just fine.

NinjaChopsticks

12-09-2012

I like the look of your creation. I agree this shop is too clunky and while the functionality is better than season 2, it's too hard to look for items if you DON'T know what youre looking for, in the case of situational items that you're not used to getting. I feel your layout would improve that much more.