League of Legends via proxy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tase

11-25-2009

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to play League of Legends behind a proxy, I'm close to getting it to work, but when I try to login, it starts shooting me a bunch of warning messages: "Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available".

Even if I select "Yes" (It's a "Do you want to proceed?" question), it keeps shooting me 3-4 more then the game says it was unable to connect to the pvp server (improbable, the certificates are coming from beta.lol.riotgames.com).

I'm using Your-Freedom with Widecap on Windows 7 64bit.

Can someone help me out?

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-25-2009

Riot Games does not recommend using a proxy to play LoL. If there is a problem with your ISP or CDN, you should e-mail support@riotgames.com with your location and your ISP. The problem generally does not lie on Riot's end, but they can try to resolve the issue with your ISP/CDN. Going through a proxy (while it may -sometimes- work) generally just complicates the issue and hinders a solution.

Tase

11-25-2009

Nothing wrong with League of Legends or ISP, just trying to play behind proxy/firewall.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-25-2009

Ahhhh, gotcha.

So, you can't play without the proxy, right?

I'm assuming you don't have access to your firewall, right, and can't open the ports LoL needs to run?

Tase

11-26-2009

Yea I don't have access, it blocks everything except HTTP 80/8080 and HTTPS (37xx?). Thats why I have to use a 3rd party proxy to deal with port forwarding.

Tase

11-26-2009

I noticed the launcher uses IE's internet settings, including the proxy, does this apply to LOLClient.exe too?

I have no problem running lol.launcher.exe and getting status/news, but when trying to login with the client, I am getting "Unable to connect to the PVP.net server" error.

lLlDAN

Adjudicator

12-01-2009

I am having this same problem. I am at school, and can't avoid the proxy. I am currently using HTTP-Tunnel and Hummingbird to try to get around it. Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem? I am currently trying to get help from HTTP-Tunnel support, but they have not had anyone else ask them about configuring it for LoL.

JimboAinzley

10-13-2010

Bump.

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, it's the only thread I found from google about it, and can't use the search function on these forums...

So I'm also using HTTP-Tunnel and I'd like to know if you found a way to configure it for LoL?

williameboley

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboAinzley View Post
Bump.

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, it's the only thread I found from google about it, and can't use the search function on these forums...

So I'm also using HTTP-Tunnel and I'd like to know if you found a way to configure it for LoL?

Hi,

Use HTTPTunnel client in tandem with either Proxifier or ProxyCap or you could try Hummingbird if you are adventurous.

Manually enter these 5 files in either Proxifier / ProxyCap or Hummingbird.

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\air\LolClient.exe

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\Leauge of Legends.exe

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\patcher_update.exe

C:\Program Files\Pando Networks\Media Booster\PMB.exe

1 other thing, you may need to configure your default browser to use the tunnel.

Addendum: If the game. for whatever reason, fails to load or you get disconnected.

Open Task Manager and end any running ( or related ) instance of LoL.

Then exit and restart your Socksifying Agent: Proxifier, etc.

Exit and restart the tunnel client.

Launch LoL.

Note to forum admin:

If my below post is not appropriate and must be deleted I understand.

If you require additional assistance with the above configuration:

email me: william@http-tunnnel. com and mention this post.

Remember We

03-12-2012

i have problem,
i no connect with proxy