Season 3 brought about a lot of changes. Is it time to alter the ranking system too?

Yes 6 75.00%
No 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone else feel like the ranking system needs changing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CorsoKO

12-08-2012

I'm fairly new to MOBA games but I've been playing LoL for about a year now and have played other games competitively in the past. Most of them on the console (Halo,CoD) and I also played Counter Strike at a competitive level on the PC but not at the MLG level like I did with games on Xbox.

I digress...

But really I feel like this ranking system is so weird. It seems that the first 10 games you play on ranked play a huge role in what your ELO rating is... Now I'm not a pro by any means but what am I supposed to do if I get trolls or AFK'ers during those ten games. These are things outside of my control. To top it off your ELO fluctuates at rates which seem to be random. For those who are fortunate to have a decent ELO then you have nothing to worry about but don't you think it would be better to have a ranking system that was easier to understand? Personally I think that you should be rated on your individual performance and then if you win you should get a significant bonus to your ELO.

I'm definitely not the first to have thoughts about this, I know this for a fact. I also don't mean to come of as a whiny B*tch I just think that this game is way too good to have such a convoluted ranking system. In closing I think that individual performance should have something to do with your rating while making sure that winning games is the primary objective.

Pontifex Mortis

12-08-2012

so your guna quit?

CorsoKO

12-08-2012

Absolutely not. I enjoy playing the game regardless of how other people play. If I lose a game it's fine I won't rage about it. To me it doesn't bother me as long as I wasn't the reason we lost. Ultimately LoL is a game and I'm not going to let it make me upset.

Reats

12-08-2012

Well you lost 7 games in a row and 3 of those were ranked matches.

So you came to the forums to request a change because you can't raise your elo?