Can't Connect to Games (HELP! Will update if there is a solution!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plath

12-08-2012

THE SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND, merci riotttt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSuperfoxman View Post
I have had very similar situations with my home computer. I was wondering if you would be able to try going to "Computer > Os (C: ) > Riot game> League of Legend> RADS> solutions > Lol_game_client _Sln > releases" and if you have multiple files in that folder, use the one with the highest number. This solved it in my case and I was having the same issue as you. Hope this works
Also, if you cannot find an application to run in the "Deploy" folder, change servers and patch on another server. For me, I patched on EU West.

There is thread after thread about this with no helpful information so far. I'd like to sum up what I know.

The Problem?

Login, lobby, and champ select are fine. When the game begins the client minimizes (normally supposed to go into game) and when you reopen the client it reads, "Game in Progress." If you relaunch, you get the "Reconnect" button, but clicking it does nothing.

Possible Solutions

Quote:
After Champion Select, the game crashes
1. Did you copy someone else's install? You need to Reinstall the game
2. Double check your Firewall, Ports and Anti-Virus settings with the tips listed above.
3. Use This link to update your DirectX install
4. Did you recently use System Restore? Try this:
-Go to your League of Legends Folder (Default- C:\Riot Games\League of Legends)
-Open LoLLauncher.exe.version (C:\Program Files\League of Legends\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher\managedfiles\0. 0.0.## <- Highest numbered folder) using a text editor like notepad
-Where the file reads "1.0.0.###", lower the ### in between the quote tags by one, save the file and then start the launcher to try to re-patch.
I have tried all of these with no success. All excluding #1 because I'm trying to avoid having to redownload this game again to save data.

Some people have confirmed reinstalling fixes the problem

Reasons for the problem

As stated by some people, they went into "system restore" when starting their computer this morning. The solution posted for system restore above did not help me, but I suggest giving it a try!

Also, someone else mentioned that their Norton was acting up. This happened to me as well, and the scan said my computer was "At Risk" but after running it again, the warning disappeared.

I have had to run systems restores in the past (not to long ago) and would hate to find out that it was because of League.

-

Please comment if you are having the same problem! No one has gotten a response yet and I'm sure Riot knows about this. They are probably waiting until they find a solution.

My Support Ticket is here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/requests/4465833

Santiw4m

12-08-2012

Bump

ArmyOfThePharaoh

12-08-2012

I think it's just the patch, im having the same issue. I'm sure riot is working on a solution.

Plath

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyOfThePharaoh View Post
I think it's just the patch, im having the same issue. I'm sure riot is working on a solution.

Yeah. :/ I sure hope so! I really don't wish to uninstall. I can only play League on the weekends as well.

Riot Superfoxman

NOC Technician

12-08-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I have had very similar situations with my home computer. I was wondering if you would be able to try going to "Computer > Os (C: ) > Riot game> League of Legend> RADS> solutions > Lol_game_client _Sln > releases" and if you have multiple files in that folder, use the one with the highest number. This solved it in my case and I was having the same issue as you. Hope this works

Plath

12-09-2012

Quote:
What do you mean by "use the one with the highest number"? It's a folder (0.0.0.202) and opens to nothing I can run a "deploy folder" with nothing I can run.

Plath

12-09-2012

Alright, I might have looked over it, or patching on a different server might have fixed it.

I ran "League of Legends" and it made my computer screen go black. So I Alt-Tab'd and it said that it couldn't connect to the server and that it may be my firewall. My firewall isn't blocking anything though.

Plath

12-09-2012

Alright, sorry for commenting for the third time in a row, but....

OMG IT FIXED IT I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW THAT YOU SO SO SO MUCH. I LOVE YOU RIOT.

Inhibeo

12-09-2012

Quote:
I tried this; what ended up happening to me was my screen went black and pc crashed, before I even got to the login screen ( same problem that happens in the summoning screen)

Talamat313

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

I am having the exact same issue and I have re-installed and repaired to no avail.