Selling Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Overswarm

11-25-2009

Why not give everyone the ability to "Sell" or 'return" runes? This would let people sell runes and buy new ones if they change characters. I'm going crit damage for Corki ATM... if I wanted to play Cho'Goth, I'd have to buy a whole new page. It'd take forever...

CobraKaun

11-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overswarm View Post
Why not give everyone the ability to "Sell" or 'return" runes? This would let people sell runes and buy new ones if they change characters. I'm going crit damage for Corki ATM... if I wanted to play Cho'Goth, I'd have to buy a whole new page. It'd take forever...
That's why it would be beneficial to build a good utility page that is useful for most champs and then further specialize based on specific champions.

Koewl

11-25-2009

@OP : Because my friend, like all games that have some form of currency, there NEEDS to be a currency dump. If you were able to sell your runes back for a value then it would require less grinding and less playing of a game, which is the opposite that a company wants you to do! And people will have infinite amounts of IP allowing all content to be unlocked pretty easy, seeing as how it wasn't hard to get a lot already.

Also, atleast be happy that you can keep the same runes for both pages 1 and 2 and that once they are set they aren't "used" up. In WOW, once a glyph is set, its set. No more use for it ever again

Orelord

12-10-2009

Selling back runes is a must for future iterations. A low return rate (50% of original value?) will still ensure that people use caution and forethought when buying/specing, but still allow for converting unusable purchases into something helpful.

Heroine

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orelord View Post
Selling back runes is a must for future iterations. A low return rate (50% of original value?) will still ensure that people use caution and forethought when buying/specing, but still allow for converting unusable purchases into something helpful.
10-25%. 50% is still very high.

Shillen

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orelord View Post
I'm confused. Why would you have unusable purchases?

Labomba

12-10-2009

Quote:
Runes are relatively inexpensive. There should be some decision making involved, which plays into the whole system of spending your IP wisely. You can always take a spin on the combiner if you decide you have worthless runes in your rune bag.

Quote:
That's why it would be beneficial to build a good utility page that is useful for most champs and then further specialize based on specific champions.
Precisely. Taking runes that provide armor, mana/health regen, cooldown reduction, etc will provide strong benefits to ANY champion you pick. Everyone starting off should follow this model, and once you have a complete page of runes with IP saved up, start picking up champion specific runes.

Quote:
Selling back runes is a must for future iterations.
Absolutely not. Currency is always replenishing via playing games. If a sellback feature were enabled, IP would be near valueless. As a matter of fact, "future iterations" hold that players will have LESS to purchase with their IP as they continue to play, which means they can save more IP for when new things do become available. Sell back is a terrible idea for this game.

Rudeboymike

12-10-2009

Granted i understand the reason behind not selling back runes... but i would like you to be able to trade them.

Fright

12-10-2009

Trading them has its negatives though. Like possibly introducing 3rd parties from making a profit. Actually, that is the only one I can think of at the moment, but I am sure there are others.

Rudeboymike

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fright View Post
Trading them has its negatives though. Like possibly introducing 3rd parties from making a profit. Actually, that is the only one I can think of at the moment, but I am sure there are others.
ah very true. real world currency buying in game items. bad.