A fundamental flaw, and solution to Draft Pick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

abombizzle

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveTrain View Post
Just an aside, I regularly purchase professionally written 350-600 word articles to post on my websites. They are all broken up into paragraphs and given plenty of whitespace. So while you may not find it to be lengthy, which it really isn't, if I posted a wall of text, my visitors would go elsewhere and click someone else's ads. This is backed up by about two years of traffic reports, showing the correlation between the quality of my content and the resulting click-through and bounce rates.

Obviously type however you want, but following some basic sentence and paragraph structure will go a long way to increasing the number of people who read through your content start-to-finish. The marketing and advertising industry has done this math for you. While it may not make you any money here on the NA. league forums, it will definitely help you get your point across in a clear, concise, nonconfusing way, and help to foster more productive discussion.
I will certainty take this into account, and between the two sources of criticism I have resolved the issue and will keep in mind the next time I post. Thank you.

Durzaka

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by abombizzle View Post
I will certainty take this into account, and between the two sources of criticism I have resolved the issue and will keep in mind the next time I post. Thank you.

Now, your organizing aside, this has already been lamb-blasted as a bad idea time and again.

Not only does it lock in the meta, it just doesnt work.

How do you stop someone from queueing as support (since EVERY other role will have a queue time) and then picking another role instead?

If you limit your champion selection based on what you check, you remove any change to cooperate at the team select (maybe your team wants to switch things up) as well as remove chances for unconventional roles.

Unlike games like WoW where classes have very defined roles (you wont see a warrior being able to queue as a healer, although he can queue as a tank in dps spec) the roles in LoL are much less defined.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-08-2012

As for the topic that the OP wants to discuss: All those threads talking about role-queuing.

Rykaal

12-08-2012

Well the problem with a role selection would bring the same problems as WoW has. (few tanks que up, but a dps ques up as tank just to get in faster)

Here I can see very few people selecting support, but they mark it anyways just to get in the game faster. Unless they do something like on the que acception screen it asks what role you want, and then it ONLY shows champions for that role. But that will basically remove the point of trading, and counter picking.

Good idea on paper, but it would bring far to many issues to fix.

mdiaz28

12-08-2012

No, no discussion on something that's debated every day with everyone knowing it wont work