ADC goes Top / Nami + Weaker Top-laner go Bot, new meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

12-08-2012

Seriously, new aggressive lane.

Imagine it: Poppy can close the gap between RADC and herself, whilst Nami drops a heal-chain on Poppy. Reduces/nullifies poke damage incurred during the approach, whilst dealing a little extra damage. If Poppy is in position to land a wall-stun, Nami drops a Q to prolong the engage.

I see some serious synergy between Nami and in-your-face champs during lane-phase. Put your RADC with good escape/disengage top (i.e. Ez), enjoy the pressure on bot lane.

Calling it.

Cameron Hall

12-08-2012

Then their Ez loses to Renekton, Lee, or anyone who can shut them down (ie gapcloser, hard cc and (generally) sustain). You now have to deal with a fed bruiser, an underfarmed/fed adc, and a bruiser on your own team who has had to share xp, and potential poke if the enemy combo is able to fight against you in any way.

Needless to say, the reason to send adc bot lane is because they scale with cs. Your bruiser/top scales with levels.

swils

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Hall View Post
Then their Ez loses to Renekton, Lee, or anyone who can shut them down (ie gapcloser, hard cc and (generally) sustain). You now have to deal with a fed bruiser, an underfarmed/fed adc, and a bruiser on your own team who has had to share xp, and potential poke if the enemy combo is able to fight against you in any way.

Needless to say, the reason to send adc bot lane is because they scale with cs. Your bruiser/top scales with levels.
Welcome to blind pick, amirite?

"New Meta" was probably a poor wording.

More like, Nami opens up new options for counterplay top lane while enabling melee/CQC characters bot lane in a traditional 1/1/2 setup.

Cameron Hall

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
Welcome to blind pick, amirite?

"New Meta" was probably a poor wording.

More like, Nami opens up new options for counterplay top lane while enabling melee/CQC characters bot lane in a traditional 1/1/2 setup.
Give me a scenario where any bruiser + Nami bot + an adc top is a good idea, without atleast one of the two lanes being counterpicked (since it's pretty much impossible to not have atleast one of the two lanes picked favourably/if not countered in ranked/draft). If it's top, they're gonna snowball like hell and leave you without an adc lategame. If it's bot, your bruiser is now behind in levels/cs, and you have to deal with a fed adc.

swils

12-08-2012

Quote:
Give me a scenario where any bruiser + Nami bot + an adc top, without atleast one of the two lanes being counterpicked. If it's top, they're gonna snowball like hell and leave you without an adc lategame. If it's bot, your bruiser is now behind in levels/cs, and you have to deal with a fed adc.
Pick poppy. Get "counterpicked" top with a champ capable of keeping distance/poking out of lane (picking a gap closer against poppy is silly--poppy loves to hug you). Pick an ADC capable of keeping up/staying safe top lane vs the supposed counterpick. Rock socks down south utilizing lockdown combos. Less all-in than Leona, with the added benefit of some mid-trade sustain.

Again: "New meta" was poorly worded. Walk away from this thinking about the synergy between Nami and melee champs during lane phase. Consider it. There's something to be found there, mark my words. It won't be the new be-all, end-all FOTM. But it'll have it's place.

Back 9 Bandit

12-08-2012

wow you guys know corki top is a real thing right? and urgot? This already happens idiots, pro players do this all the time.

Cameron Hall

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
Pick poppy. Get "counterpicked" top with a champ capable of keeping distance/poking out of lane (picking a gap closer against poppy is silly--poppy loves to hug you). Pick an ADC capable of keeping up/staying safe top lane vs the supposed counterpick. Rock socks down south utilizing lockdown combos. Less all-in than Leona, with the added benefit of some mid-trade sustain.

Again: "New meta" was poorly worded. Walk away from this thinking about the synergy between Nami and melee champs during lane phase. Consider it. There's something to be found there, mark my words. It won't be the new be-all, end-all FOTM. But it'll have it's place.
I'll acknowledge it, but it's honestly already been done with plenty of others, heck, even tournaments have done it on one occasion (I forget who did it). But something you might only be able to pull off once isn't something worth voicing an opinion about, since there's a million different options like that.

But eh, if you're going to shut down a Poppy, you'd still pick Lee, Renekton or Yorick. Or anyone who can zone. And generally, if you can zone, you can beat an adc since zoning warrants threat (gap closer + easy kill potential or hard cc.)

Golbat

12-08-2012

Pretty sure this is called a lane swap?

Cameron Hall

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back 9 Bandit View Post
wow you guys know corki top is a real thing right? and urgot? This already happens idiots, pro players do this all the time.
A hue. Sheep activate.

Just because a pro has done it does it mean that it is viable pretty much every time, and because it has to be an incredibly good pick for Corki, it just reduces the chances to pull this situation off.

Additionally, those picks were done with complete safety for Corki in mind (easy lanes for him), in a completely organized team. And it was rarely done, regardless.

swils

12-08-2012

Quote:
I'll acknowledge it, but it's honestly already been done with plenty of others, heck, even tournaments have done it on one occasion (I forget who did it). But something you might only be able to pull off once isn't something worth voicing an opinion about, since there's a million different options like that.

But eh, if you're going to shut down a Poppy, you'd still pick Lee, Renekton or Yorick. Or anyone who can zone. And generally, if you can zone, you can beat an adc since zoning warrants threat (gap closer + easy kill potential or hard cc.)
I stand by my belief that purposely getting close to poppy for a duel/trade is counterproductive, heh (but what do I know, I'm a silver!)

Yes, I'm well aware that top-lane corki is a thing. As well as the existence and prevalence of lane swaps.

Nami is a great support and all, but she has an aggressive side that, throughout PBE and most of release today, I haven't seen taken advantage of: She rewards CQC aggression. Jump their carry and drop an Enemy-Ally-Enemy chain on them. Don't use her to initiate lane-kills, use her to enable them. Follow an ally's stun, don't rely on yours to set up the kill.

Grumblegrumble, I should have just called the thread "Yer all playin Nami wrong" or something, haha. By my own fault, I totally drew attention to the wrong points of my post.