Iron Stylus: Hextech Lux is better than what you guys are coming out with.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
once she's playable on the pbe, her theme will be much more clear—this isn't really a 'military' skin. if i had to give it a label, i'd say it's more like a 'function-over-form tech' skin, which is not a unheard of request for lux skins.

that said, that doesn't mean there aren't desires for other types of lux skins from others. there are lux fans out there that have been waiting a long time for a skin like this.

if you want to know more about the concept itself you could probably bait ironstylus into chatting about it—iirc, this was one of his.

1. Function over form? Can't beat Hextech--or Steampunk, as some said.

2. Lux fans are waiting for the Hextech/Steampunk skin. So much so they came up with a concept art years ago that is far superior than your dull metal Lux. Steel legion? We already got Battlecast and Full Metal series--we don't need more metal series ATM.

3. Ironstylus get in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
thanks for the follow-up.

what specifically about the hextech image do you think looks cool? curious to know what aspects are the highlights for you (and 'why' if you're able to elaborate). i'd like anyone else interested in that hextech concept to chime in as well.
1. Hextech is very different theme for Lux yet still has the Lux feel. We already have two military themed skins for Lux and they are BOTH UGLY. Mostly it has something to do with Lux's hair.

2. Sparky tech is better fit on Lux than gritty steel tech. Final Spark--get it?

Muxul

12-08-2012

i just came that is amazing

Delicious Smores

12-08-2012

... that would be amazing.

Earthbound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

This isn't hextech...this is steampunk. And yes, there is a difference.

I do like this design over the upcoming skin, regardless of semantics, though.

True Bandito

12-08-2012

Quote:
This isn't hextech...this is steampunk. And yes, there is a difference.

I do like this design over the upcoming skin, regardless of semantics, though.
I think this one is superior too.

Zoram

12-08-2012

The art is welldone, but the look isn't consistent with LoL, and does not make me think hextech.

Caedarii

12-08-2012

Oh hey, it's steampunk female ezreal. Cool.

True Bandito

12-08-2012

Quote:
The art is welldone, but the look isn't consistent with LoL, and does not make me think hextech.
Art can be redrawn by Rioters. The point is, it is superior than Steel Legion. Steel Legion is so dull visually. If you want dull you can make Rusted Blitzcrank skin but not on Lux.

Earthbound

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox1st View Post
Well...technically a skin doesn't have to be consistent with LoL or its lore.

Crabgot, any Christmas skin, olympic skins, RIOT skins, Gentlemen Cho'Gath, ect. are all fine skins but they have zero to do with LoL consistency.

Earthbound

12-08-2012

I'm also bumping this again for the good of the community.