1v1 Proving Grounds Tournament PRIZE FOR THE WINNER

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moosemancer

12-07-2012

FINAL UPDATE WE HAVE A WINNER!!

Hi guys i'd like to first thank each and every one of you for participating in the first tournament i have ever hosted! Overall it was a success although there are some things i would change if i decide to host more in the future. For example it took a long time and i want to commend all of you on your patience. I was doing it alone and i'm a busy full time student and work two jobs. So at time it may have seemed i wasn't interested in the tournament but trust me i was and we all pushed through and finished.

Congratulations are in order for Restitution!! He was able to defeat all of his opponents on the proving grounds and is officially the winner of this tournament. Once again thank you all for playing, and there should be more fun to come and this was definitely a learning experience and was fun for me as well!

UPDATE FINALS!!!!! 1/5/2012
congratulations are in order for the following 3 summoners who made it to the final round of my tournament.
RichiesFaded
Restitution
SylReverie

i'm proud to announce that the semi-final round has come to a close and the final round is now underway! The final round will be played like this; Each of the three finalists will have to play against one another in a best of 3 match. A victory grants 1 point and a loss grants no points. For example finalist 1 will play against finalist 2. Say finalist 1 wins 2-1. Finalist one gets 2 points while finalist 2 gets 1 point. So this would not eliminate either from the competition per se'. Finalist 1 still has to play against finalist 3 and finalist 2 also still has to play against finalist 3. The player with the most points at the end is the winner.

The matches are to be played like this.

RichiesFaded vs. Restitution --> RichiesFaded vs. SylReverie --> Restitution vs. SylReverie

UPDATE 1/2/2012

Happy New Years everyone. I've come to a realization that i probably picked the worst time in my life to try and host a tournament when i can barely ever get on my computer. So if the lot of you haven't lost interest yet the semi-final matches are as followed. The format will be the same as the last round.

Restitution vs. StimmedMarine

RichiesFaded Vs. Dreadpirateomnom

Warlord200 Vs. ShiningLight

SEMI FINALS UPDATE!! 12/27/2012

Happy Holidays everyone! Hope everybody had a wonderful christmas, or if you don't celebrate i hope your week was a fantastic one! Round 2 was a success and the semi-finals are now here! The following summoners are only a few matches away from complete victory

Restitution
RichiesFaded
DreadPirateOmNom
Warlord200
StimmedMarine
ShiningLight

The matches will be set up tomorrow when i get the chance. I'm aware that the number of summoners still left means that the next and final round will contain 3 summoners! Those 3 summoners will play in a sort of round robin event for points to determine the ultimate winner. More information will be posted but i just wanted to update everybody after the holiday break most of us took!

ROUND 2 UPDATE 12/18/2012

Hi everybody. Round one took quite some time and i apologize for that. Thank you for not flaming me and being patient. The tournament is still a go and round two kicks off today. Congratulations to the following list of summoners who proved themselves victorious in round 1

Lolgafaru VS. Restitution

Thatoneasianguy VS RichiesFaded

Kanchy VS. DreadPirateOmNom

Slay VS. Warlord200

Trixs128 VS. StimmedMarine

ShiningLight VS. DigBik

To ensure things go a little faster this time i set the matches up beforehand. Please friend your opponent and play whenever is most convenient for the two of you, as long as you get back to me with the results. If possible screenshot the proof of victory, this won't be necessary i believe considering all of you seem to be honorable and will admit defeat. But just as a precaution in case somebody contests the outcome. I realized it wasn't fair to you all that you'd be ready to play all day but if i wasn't on then a match didn't happen. This allows for it to happen on your own time.

The rules of course are the same and this round should go much faster as we've weeded out the inactive players, and there are fewer rounds to be played. Good luck see you on the proving grounds!

UPDATE 12/15/2012

I'm aware a lot of you are feeling "in the dark" it seems as if the first two days or so i was very active in communicating with all of you and trying to get matches done. I work 2 jobs, go to college (finals are this week!) and i also run a martial arts class. I've been beyond busy and stressed out and i should have at least gotten on to tell people to be patient but i didn't think about it i'm sorry. There are 1 or 2 more matches that have yet to be played in round 1 and i will get on that ASAP. Once round 2 begins the pace will pick up exponentially and you will all be able to play again soon. Once again sorry for the way things have been this past week the tournament is still active!

UPDATE: Got like 6 matches out of the way tonight thanks to everyone for playing i will get to round 2 as soon as i possibly can. Please remember some people are busier than you are so be patient not everyone can always be on and i would like a fair opportunity for everyone.

Entry is now officially closed. Please see Below. if your name is not on the list i am sorry, perhaps next time!

Hi, My name is KonTriVe MooSe. I'm the co-founder of the up and coming MLG clan KonTriVe. We aren't very big yet but i believe we are on the right path and we have some dedicated and talented players.

I decided to do this because i think it will be fun and slightly more competitive since there's a reward. But basically the title explains it all. I am hosting a 1v1 tournament on the proving grounds map. Once i have about 15-20 people i will make up a bracket and arrange the matches myself. This will not be a double elimination tournament, meaning if you lose your match then better luck next time. However, in each respective "Match" 3 games will be played. The overall winner being whomever wins 2 of the 3 games. So if you have a bad game or make a mistake you do have a shot to redeem yourself in a best 2 out of 3 format.

I chose proving grounds because it is a faster map, granting faster gold generation, experience, and using this map makes it easier to make the rules. Since it's one thing to tell people NO JUNGLE OR OTHER LANES. But it's great not to have to tell people a lot of hard to remember rules. The proving grounds is straight forward and self explanatory.

The Rules go as followed

1.) A victory is determined upon the destruction of the opposing teams nexus, or a surrender. (Rage-quitting, or leaving are considered a surrender) In the event that somebody has a poor connection please wait 5 minutes. If the opposing summoner fails to reconnect within 5 minutes this will be considered a surrender, sorry. If you do happen to lose connection, and you and your opponent argue about the amount of time gone, i will settle it just message me.

2.) It will be blind pick. Although i like the idea of being able to ban undesirable or unfair champions. It's also quite unfair for the player who picks first, as any competent player can easily counter. Please don't contest this I thought long and hard about it and the decision stands. I'm a personal fan of draft pick but for the sake of this tournament lets all play nice.

3.) A player cannot use the same champion more than once in a "match". For example, i'm a godlike jax player, i pick jax, i win. Next game, pick jax again, win. It just isn't fun for the other person and it also eliminates the guessing factor from your opponents mind. The fact of the matter is you don't know who your opponent is going to pick ever because it is blind pick and they aren't allowed to use the same champion twice.

4.) I hate to play the parent role here and tell you all to respect each other, but seriously, i don't want to be responsible for a tournament where players are cussing each other out and threatening their lives. if you lose, sorry. Please just keep your negativity to yourself only constructive criticism and positive conversation here if somebody has a problem with this screenshot it and let me know. If there's proof of somebody being verbally abusive and rude they're disqualified i don't care how good of a player they are.

thats it sorry that was LONG WINDED so if you actually read all that and are still here, and interested, or have questions, then message me in game. KonTriVe MooSe.

Winner gets 25 dollar RP gift card. i will buy it and gift it to your account from best buy's online store.

Thank you everybody for the excitement and willingness to participate!

I added everybody who claimed to be interested on the forums/ along with those who contacted me in game or by other means.

I added every name into the bracket and we have 28 players! Entry to this tournament is now closed! The participating summoner list goes as followed:

Nexevis
Shelburnn
Belvig
Extol
Lolgafaru
Naruuzmk
Restitution
Youohnome
Thatoneasianguy
GspotLuv3r
Niker411
RichiesFaded
Inderous
Rzzy
Kanchy
ProphetofTears
Quilna
NifTP
Isajij
PirateofDreadOmNom
GenreNinja
Slay
Warlord200
Trixs128
Brodden
StimmedMarine
ShiningLight
DigBik

The number of summoners, and the fact that everybody has different schedules and can only play at certain times will probably cause this tournament to drag on for quite some time but i am trying my best to work with everybody individually and set the matches up efficiently and fairly. I am also doing this by myself! So please don't be harsh on me. Matches will begin ASAP and i will contact you. If you have yet to add me in game a request should have been sent out. If your name is on the list, and i am not added please add me when you log in and we will work on match times. Good luck everybody.

Slay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

ill play just need dates

Warlord200

12-08-2012

i will participate as well, but i also require dates.

iTrixss

12-08-2012

I want in aswell.

IGN:Trixs128

Brodden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Sure I will plarticipate, let me know the time and date.

IGN: Brodden

Thanks,

Shelburnn

12-08-2012

I'm in too just let me know when.

sylReverie

12-08-2012

Interested, IGN ShiningLight.

Naruuzmk

12-08-2012

Sign me up IGN Naruuzmk

DigBik

12-08-2012

sign me up. ign: digbik

Restitution

12-08-2012

Sign me up as well IGN Restitution