Want to buy a support - Sona or Nami?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dante Brimscone

12-07-2012

Try Sona for free.

Nami is a fun support. Just bot games with her so far but she brings a good amount of utility to the team. The main thing will be landing her slow moving, small aoe stun. Also, she's incredibly mana hungry and has some lengthy cds. Outside of that it's a pretty straight forward kit. I love her animations, design, and voicework, though.

No regrets on the instabuy, but I could see others finding her boring if you prefer something more aggressive in a support.

Fishcoteque

12-07-2012

Sona is actually the squishiest champ in the game with the lowest starting health and base armor. However, she's pretty safe if you just sit there and heal. The only thing you have to aim is your ult.
Nami, since she was just released, has decent ratios, damage, and a lot of cc. Everyone will be learning Nami, so it's not like you'll stand out as unpracticed.
I vote lulu though.

Menea6587

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu View Post
How is playing sona even remotely hard? Learn how to utilize her passive and you've mastered her.
Easier said than done.
Powerchord is more than just "lololQ3 then poke."
Then there's also order of spells when trying to proc powerchord ASAP in a team fight while still grabbing the proper procs. Honestly, people saying that Sona is LoL's dumbed down Invoker isn't too far from the truth.

Proxy345

12-07-2012

I own Sona and I've used Nami a few times on the PBE,I like both of them.They are both very fun to use. Can't decide which one I like more though since I'm alot more used to Sona and her kit. But for all around usefulness,I'd pick Sona since her cooldowns are lower without using CDR items.

JGVariety

12-07-2012

Sona is fairly easy and pretty fun. She's one of the squishiest Champions out there though early so be careful with her.

Nami may be a bit harder to pick for the next week or two since she is a new support; but she's also just as fun. Lots of mobility and that Ult Range is just huge.

Personally me, I would say Sona since I've been playing her for awhile now even through her nerfs. I do recommend checking out Nami one she's free though.

NapalmBrain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

nami seems a bit strong right now I would recommend her. They both have similar kits but I'm loving nami, that heal is ridiculous

Whoayeah

12-07-2012

I like Leona/Sona :P

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonSolo View Post
Lol! Ignorance must be nice. Sona is so darn squishy early game, but her late game is the best of any support, imo. Sona takes more practice, whereas nami is just point and click.
Honestly, being squishy =/= difficult.

Sona is harder than most give credit for, but the guy was right. A majority of her skill comes from maintaining her passive.

Elthshan

12-07-2012

They're both really fun :3 I lean more towards Sona since I've used her for so long from the beginning to nerfs after nerfs to slight buffs, to more nerfs lol.

With Nami, landing the Q at the right time is probably what you'd want to work on [range though is decent and area effect, similar to Cass or Syndra's Q), since it has delay and it has a long cooldown. Use w to heal/harass [harass when your carry trades, since she runs out of mana fast similar to Sona unless you're running mp runes =/] , e when your carry is chasing/trading, R when chasing, escape or helping team fights when too far away.

Sona like others mentioned, managing her passive and knowing when to use which. Knowing when to use R and get the most out of it. Positioning yourself when harassing with Q to make sure you're safe while poking your target.

Again, both are fun and both active supports with the capability of being passive and sustain as well.

Polargod

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menea6587 View Post
Easier said than done.
Powerchord is more than just "lololQ3 then poke."
Then there's also order of spells when trying to proc powerchord ASAP in a team fight while still grabbing the proper procs. Honestly, people saying that Sona is LoL's dumbed down Invoker isn't too far from the truth.
Sona like Invoker. Lol.