Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"An Opponent is Missing from lane/ Missing in Action" Ping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Souldier

12-07-2012

Just a quick way of saying mia. Look at the map, see the MIA ping, and know right away that the guy is mia.
I just get annoyed when people don't say mia as much as they should and i think this is a fast way to get it done.

Lets get them thumbs up for riot to see!
Come on Riot! We need this In!

EDIT: EXAMPLE ->

Lets say i am playing as Riven in solo top.
My opponent is Shen.
If i press the MIA shortcut key and click on anything but shen it will say: "Riven has warned that an enemy is missing from action/missing from lane!"

Now, Lets say i see him leave or there is a ward on the screen, and i ping on Shen. It could say: "Shen is missing from the lane/missing from action!"

EDIT #2:

Quote:
Emma Retodd:
I like this idea. Although instead of a tight ping, it should be more of an area ping (like a fainter gradient so it seems more dispersed) on the mini map.

It is a good idea too. Lets a person get a more clear/accurate placement of were the enemy is MIA from and were he may go to.

Riot Frosthaven

12-07-2012

I would use the hell out of such a ping. I already have a mouse macro to type mia for me so i don't have to stop focusing what im doing, but an in game method would be greatly appreciated.

Having said that, I get this image of 30 some odd pings down the road where the jungler and laners could hold a full conversation in nothing more than ping chat when arguing. *shudder*

ShrubNinja

Recruiter

12-07-2012

I like this idea. Stopping to type mia every time an enemy leaves sight has screwed me a couple times.

Souldier

12-07-2012

Bumps needed people!

Souldier

12-07-2012

Quote:
ShrubNinja:
I like this idea. Stopping to type mia every time an enemy leaves sight has screwed me a couple times.

I know how you feel man.

Myst Desdemona

12-07-2012

makes me wonder why we don't have one to begin with, i died a lot of times trying to type mia, its annoying really.

IS14b4c934b49e2140947ac

12-07-2012

I Use V and say SS.

If they fail to go back after that they deserve to die.

Vana21

12-07-2012

Would be nice

Everytime i go to type mia that's when they decide to gank. My other hand is in a bag of chips.

The Bushmaster

12-07-2012

died a few times typing Mia. We have alt+click for gathering ping, ctrl+click for retreat ping, how about Z+click for MIA ping?

......does Z do anything? I mean... key binding menu though....

Souldier

12-07-2012

Quote:
Ferrero94:
I Use V and say SS.

If they fail to go back after that they deserve to die.

But is it worth it for you to possibly lose a game?