Seriously how do people build tanks now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magnificent Derp

12-07-2012

Or you cant anymore?

Its not like people are stacking BC. They just need an A.pen champ with BC to make most of your armor gone. It reduce my armor by %, and benefit the WHOLE TEAM, I just cannot find a way to build tanky. I just cant... I want to have 75% reduction so I go 300 armor, not spending 5000 gold to make it to 300 armor and instantly get down to 150 or so. Then with just mysteries and runes I only have 100 armor for most enemies. Why dont I just go BC too? I get 3-shoted anyways, why dont I try to kill them first? Why even bother to tank?

Its ok if you build damage and able to pierce through tank's armor, but making a tank super easy to kill for the whole team? Just no.... Not to mention BC actually gives you health too...

Really... penetration items should only benefit the user. If you dont invest into armor pen, you should only get it from champion spells, not items from you teamate.

The Fatalii

12-07-2012

Warmogs. Randuins omen. Guardian angel

Minishmaster

12-07-2012

Get the new aegis thing and build damage. Double or even triple bruiser is much better, due to the 30 MR aura supporting the high natural MR of bruisers. Get a GA if you need more armor, because that also lets you perform better as a bruiser.

Tanks are dead. Of the four pure tank items, two have been removed (locket, FoN), one has been reworked (randuins), and the last simply isnt as effective as the others were (FH). Current tank items are a joke, with thousands of gold spent on auras and shields for teammates while the tank is unable to survive themselves.

Coast2Coast

12-07-2012

Pure tanks is no good. Some people will say warmogs and upgrade aegis, randuins.

Which will work ok unless the enemy team has vayne.

Sagovirus

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificent Derp View Post
Or you cant anymore?

Its not like people are stacking BC. They just need an A.pen champ with BC to make most of your armor gone. It reduce my armor by %, and benefit the WHOLE TEAM, I just cannot find a way to build tanky. I just cant... I want to have 75% reduction so I go 300 armor, not spending 5000 gold to make it to 300 armor and instantly get down to 150 or so. Then with just mysteries and runes I only have 100 armor for most enemies. Why dont I just go BC too? I get 3-shoted anyways, why dont I try to kill them first? Why even bother to tank?

Its ok if you build damage and able to pierce through tank's armor, but making a tank super easy to kill for the whole team? Just no.... Not to mention BC actually gives you health too...

Really... penetration items should only benefit the user. If you dont invest into armor pen, you should only get it from champion spells, not items from you teamate.

Runic Bullwark and Landry's Torment are probably the 2 core items on Tanks now. Doubt there is much more, except maybe GA and Warmog.

Randuin is actually quite bad, since you'll be ignored till you are last (or nearly dead) so the debuff is useless (since AS debuff got removed from the active :/), Sunfire is probably better now, to output even more damage now.

Something like boots/Bullwark/Landry/Warmog/GA and Abyssal might work on most AP tanks, or maybe a RoA instead of an Abyssal (or Frozen Heart if no one else can pick it up).

PrincessDerpy

12-07-2012

They sit on the forums and whine about how they can't become nigh invincible or some **** instead of building effectively.

They suck, ergo they try to fight a forum war to get the devs to change things so their suckitude is not so visible in gameplay.

CouragetheDog

12-07-2012

I tend to focus more on utility now than innate tankiness.

Minishmaster

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerivalara View Post
They sit on the forums and whine about how they can't become nigh invincible or some **** instead of building effectively.

They suck, ergo they try to fight a forum war to get the devs to change things so their suckitude is not so visible in gameplay.
The last time tanks were 'nigh invincible' was December 14, 2010. We have a lot of reason to complain.

IdkiPickedaName

12-07-2012

Doran's shields are pretty good now. I with they added a new mr item because there isn't anything worth buying most games now. I don't get how they made penetration cheaper (and more effective) while made durability more expensive.

I guess we should all just play assassins and wait to see what they adjust in the coming patches. This isn't permanent (I hope) so we should all just chill and experiment with the new items for awhile.

Fashbinder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

No more bloodrazor doing % max hp, now its % cur hp. Kog is the only flyboy.

Stack health and MR

Boots
Aegis
Warmogs
Bulwark
Warmogs

Guys like Sej/Shen/Maokai like this.
Rammus and Malphite don't like this.

HOWEVER, if they havent picked a wukong/cleaver/whisper build you can still go armor. This is basically the whole point of season 3 item changes. Theres no 1 build for every game. You need to press tab, look at what is going on, and react to it. You have the tools.