Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(In-Game)(Graphical)Screen flash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheEnygma

12-06-2012

Not sure if it's something on my end (only thing I have as far as other programs are iTunes and my net browser) but now and then my screen will kind of flash and it's seemingly random

again, not sure if it's just me or if others have been seeing it but just putting it out there

vLemon

QA Analyst

12-07-2012

Did you alt tab to check if the screen was flashing while not in the game screen?

Were you playing full screen or windowed/borderless?

Can you upload your dxdiag logs? Instructions on how to get those here (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20076987-league-of-legends-logs).

Titan Tactics

12-07-2012

was happening to me too, was decently constant. I was not alt-tab, not windowed and not sure about borderless.

TheEnygma

12-07-2012

I'll play again later...if I can actually log in anyway and I'll check if it's still happening

TheEnygma

12-07-2012

yep, it's back did a game and it popped up. a couple of alt-tabs, had iTunes and 2 chrome windows on desktop

vLemon

QA Analyst

12-27-2012

Hey guys, do you still get it after the latest patch? It was pushed on PBE at the 20th of December.

Inapropro

12-28-2012

This is happening to me, even though this is an old thread!

Inapropro

12-28-2012

I have windows 8, play full screen, and does not flash outside of the game. Nothing like it happens on NA server, or outside of league. It literaly just kinda flashes for a millisecond, usually in the center of the screen, where I can see other things on my desktop (pandora for example). I'll try to get a screenshot if possible

vLemon

QA Analyst

12-31-2012

So basically by flash you mean that the game screen goes away and you can see what lies behind? For example:
1. I am in game. All cool.
2. My desktop appears for a split second.
3. Back to game screen.

As if you where alt tabbing really fast, although you weren't?

Can you also upload your r3d logs from a game where you had the issue? Instructions on how to get those here (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20076987-league-of-legends-logs).

Inapropro

01-02-2013

I guess, it's really kinda hard to explain, but yes that's the gist of it. The game screen doesn't go away, I can just see a small portion of my desktop in the center for not even a millisecond, literally just a flash. So> 1. I am in game. All cool. 2. I can see lines of my desktop backround in a small section of the center of my screen for a millisecond (not enough time for it to hinder noticing what's occurring in the game) 3. Back to normal, nothing going on. Rinse and repeat at random intervals throughout the whole game.