Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindus Dew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Just curious, is her voice actor Laura Bailey? I'm playing through Persona 4 Golden atm and her voice during her "cute smile" quote reminds me a lot of Rise's voice

Endtro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I'm frankly terrified of what some of you people want. Vi looks absolutely amazing in every dimension for me. (redline actually being my favorite movie ever, her and skin are day one instabuy)

It sounds like some people wont be happy until riot makes aesthetically unpleasing champions. I want my champions to be attractive, that includes males. I REFUSE to play gragas, though his playstyle fits me. I will not play an ugly fat man. I happily will play manly badasses like pantheon.

Also I don't think you people know what a strong (literal meaning) woman looks like. Non-roiding female body builders are not huge and bulky. Vi looks quite fit she doesn't need hulk muscles added for no apparent reason.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endtro View Post
I REFUSE to play gragas, though his playstyle fits me. I will not play an ugly fat man. I happily will play manly badasses like pantheon.
You're missing out.

DrTemptragon

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
The difference is that in putting Tristana in a fire fighter outfit she isn't degrading fire fighters.

Sexualizing characters of any sort in ways that completely defy everything about their character is exploitation.
Uh... Nope. They're not real people and I think even you will agree that the saturation is far more damaging than the content.

It's not about degrading genders. Putting Tristana in a firefighter outfit doesn't degrade firefighters, you're correct. It does degrade her character as a pyromaniac explosion-nut. I thought the point you were trying to make was degreation of core character strength, not a whole profession/gender.

For reference, I disagree with your implication that bunnie suits degrade women as a whole. The fact they're forced on women? Yep, that does. Degrades men too, though in an entirely different way.

tempnameA461

12-07-2012

I like nachos.

StuckWithSupport

12-07-2012

confession bear: I like it when Riot makes attractive female champions :/

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTemptragon View Post
Uh... Nope. They're not real people and I think even you will agree that the saturation is far more damaging than the content.

It's not about degrading genders. Putting Tristana in a firefighter outfit doesn't degrade firefighters, you're correct. It does degrade her character as a pyromaniac explosion-nut. I thought the point you were trying to make was degreation of core character strength, not a whole profession/gender.

For reference, I disagree with your implication that bunnie suits degrade women as a whole. The fact they're forced on women? Yep, that does. Degrades men too, though in an entirely different way.
Them not being real is besides the point, they're part of a larger social consciousness and a larger problem.

Tristana in a fire fighter outfit is a pretty harmless joke skin. I don't have a problem with joke skins as long as they're funny and not degrading an entire section of the human population, in this case women.

In this particular case I would argue that the bunny outfit was forced on Riven. I know, I know, she isn't a real person. But I think it's still significant. And I agree with you 100% that men don't escape such degradation unscathed when stuff like this happens.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCrazyRussianx View Post
confession bear: I like it when Riot makes attractive female champions :/
Who doesn't?

Wytsfs

12-07-2012

Quote:
The implication seemed to me to be that once they start exploiting men as well everything will even out and I'll have nothing to complain about. If that isn't what you meant I'd like to know why you said what you said.
Ok, I see now. In that case I could have responded better. We have very different positions.

Anyway, as someone who is very pro sexuality and pro equality I was just trying to say that non-canon sexualization of fantasy character like BBR is not a problem as long as the male counterparts are equally sexualized. And on that note, we really need to stick at least one of the men in a Chippendale skin.

tempnameA461

12-07-2012

Quote:
Who doesn't?
Fags?