Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytsfs View Post
And when they release skins like Unprepared Garen they'll start profiting from sexualizing the males too. Only a matter of time.
It's interesting that you think I'm okay with that.

Wytsfs

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSarros View Post
that being said, there is something about watching a female character kick butt in full armor that is actually FULL ARMOR, and not 'full armor' with 92 holes in it.

I wouldn't mind a few armored skins for the ladies
And I fully support if Riot releasing skins like that. But people shouldn't think they mean anything canon wise unless Riot specifically says they do.

DrTemptragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
It really isn't, and it isn't the same as putting Tristana in a fire fighter outfit. I'm kind of impressed that you think it is.
Okay, what's the difference between sexualisation and other changes to champion theme for the purposes of skins?

Bearing in mind I've already acknowledged that it's incredibly overused regardless of character relevance.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTemptragon View Post
Okay, what's the difference between sexualisation and other changes to champion theme for the purposes of skins?

Bearing in mind I've already acknowledged that it's incredibly overused regardless of character relevance.
The difference is that in putting Tristana in a fire fighter outfit she isn't degrading fire fighters.

Sexualizing characters of any sort in ways that completely defy everything about their character is exploitation.

Wytsfs

12-07-2012

Quote:
It's interesting that you think I'm okay with that.
I never said said you were. I don't think I said anything that implied I expected you to be either.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
How does it not? It's textbook exploitation. Battle Bunny Riven completely undermines her otherwise perfectly awesome character.

I adore Riven's base skin over all others. Battle Bunny is fine. They did a great job with a great concept. She hops around. It makes sense. The splash art for it is impeccable.

Cuix

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Archers don't usually wear particularly heavy armor.

Though, to note, some "sexualization" is quite fine, especially in skins.

It's actually quite difficult to make a champion completely un-sexy, through they really tried with Urgot.

Ashe's poses are actually quite tame.

Only her outfit is a bit showy, but honestly, real women dress like that. Let alone 'royalty' out on display to the public.

I mean, just look at how real life celebrities and styled 'nobility' dress.
This, right here, is how one constructs a counterpoint. All of the other "nuh uh ur wrong lel" **** can go away, because somebody finally actually addressed a thing.

I'd provide a rebuttal, but I'm too busy being impressed and tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster ov Doom View Post
Oh right

A spider with huge boobs

A fish with huge boobs that even has skin peeling off to display them

Right... whatever you say man
I wish this was worded more kindly, but I also wish it wasn't getting so many downvotes. After all, the point itself is pretty much spot-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTemptragon View Post

I would say there isn't really any. The problem is the ratio, to me, not the thing itself. I don't mind the occasional battle bunny riven or french maid nidalee, but meanwhile there's basically only Freljord ashe as the counter example. If things weren't so skewed, always favoring oversexualized females, I'd be alright.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytsfs View Post
I never said said you were. I don't think I said anything that implied I expected you to be either.
The implication seemed to me to be that once they start exploiting men as well everything will even out and I'll have nothing to complain about. If that isn't what you meant I'd like to know why you said what you said.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerDrool View Post
I adore Riven's base skin over all others. Battle Bunny is fine. They did a great job with a great concept. She hops around. It makes sense. The splash art for it is impeccable.
Obviously I disagree for reasons I've written above already.

LukasAdro

12-07-2012

Please put more sexualisation in the game. After all why can't the female champs be sexy. ?? I sure as hell know my wife strives to be sexy!

Besides, we need some eye candy while we play.

I love how Miss Fortune has little hearts coming out of her but.... and I love her rack!