Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fractal of Chaos

12-12-2012

Quote:
Dodo Torpedo:
So is it safe to assume that her racer skin is inspired by the movie Redline? (Anime not that **** american movie)

Quote:
IronStylus:
Among other things, I think it's safe to say yes =)

Please, oh please, reference this in the splash.

Like, have her in something like Sonoshee's car racing, or standing by it, with Jayce dressed like JP (with trademark pompadour) in the background, working on/chasing her in the Transam.

Maybe this runs the risk of too much copyright, or having too many allusions to Redline, but it would be the best thing ever, and likely my wallpaper for months.

RyuuMasken

12-12-2012

Quote:
blah12321blah:
Whatever you do, don't nerf E more.

Really? E seems pretty strong to me

Admittedly I only have a couple of games on Vi, but I feel like if I ever have a problem in lane, I can just double e a wave to farm it and totally ignore my opponent

The zoning potential if you get ahead seems a little silly too

Drakanous

12-12-2012

Love... this... champ! I've only played her a couple times, but she's very fun to get into, very easy to handle, but technical in her own way. At first I thought she was a bit OP because of her cooldowns and damage output. Then I played against a Malz who took me from 3k health in a few seconds and remembered Olaf with his 300 true damage every few seconds. All in all, her CD on the Q may do well to go down a tad, but I'm glad there's another bursty melee out there, and a kickass chick, nonetheless! I haven't had this much fun with a champ since Riven. Now, I will list a couple things I've noticed so far that may or may not need attention:

-Her knockback (Q) won't hit a Nunu out of his ult. Not sure if it should, and haven't tried it on others yet, but just a thought. Her own ult will do just fine, though. I still need to test it more.
-Like I mentioned, some base damage couldn't hurt to be brought down a little bit on the Q. Or up the cooldowns a bit. I love playing her, but I can't say I'd enjoy getting chased down by this BA broad. She's still very killable, but she feels good as she is anyway. Laning phase will be hell for many opponents if she decides to support or top lane.
-Awesome jungler. Not a correction, just wanted to say it.

Just my thoughts, but I'm open to suggestions and attempts to change my mind

Keep up the good work, guys! Would've loved to be a part of this champ creation. Piltover is takin the League by storm and just may have my allegiance at this rate! Zuan's goin down. Bring it, Nika! :P

Lykurgus

Recruiter

12-12-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:
Reduced AD scaling to 1% per 35 AD (down from 1% per 30AD)

R:
Reduced base damage to 200/325/450 (down from 200/350/500)
R no longer applies denting blows.

So the nerf I'm guessing you guys are noticing the most is the removal of the denting blows stack on R. From a gameplay standpoint I really dislike this change. It majorly cuts into Vi's flow and combo feel. From a balance standpoint however we think it may be necessary as a way to tone down Vi's burst damage (WHICH WAS INSANELY HIGH) without having to make the bases on her W, E or R feel awful on their own. The reason she's bursting so hard right now is her ult basically guarantees that she will instantly proc denting blows. The combo is R, auto, E+W proc, Q, auto, E+W proc. That's a HUGE amount of burst. Removing the denting blows from the ult seems to solve this.

The question I have for you guys is this:
How unfun is it having denting blows removed from the ult? Do you want it back? If so, what would be a better feeling way to nerf Vi's burst in place of this change? Should we hit W base damage? W AD ratio? E damage? Base AD? What do you guys think?

Although I've yet to try the new build of Vi, I can't really comment. Personally, I would have rather seen a hit to her W than the removal of her Ult applying denting blows, because one of my favorite parts of her was landing a full combo on an enemy with the ult. I don't know if it'll break the flow because the auto after her ult will still happen and add a stack of denting blows. I'll get some time in and comment on what I think.

So far though, Vi is one of my favorite champs to play and I cannot wait for her release on live. Really, I'm sitting on the RP anxiously waiting. Seriously, great job.

DiscworldDeath

12-12-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:

R:

So the nerf I'm guessing you guys are noticing the most is the removal of the denting blows stack on R. From a gameplay standpoint I really dislike this change. It majorly cuts into Vi's flow and combo feel. From a balance standpoint however we think it may be necessary as a way to tone down Vi's burst damage (WHICH WAS INSANELY HIGH) without having to make the bases on her W, E or R feel awful on their own. The reason she's bursting so hard right now is her ult basically guarantees that she will instantly proc denting blows. The combo is R, auto, E+W proc, Q, auto, E+W proc. That's a HUGE amount of burst. Removing the denting blows from the ult seems to solve this.

How unfun is it having denting blows removed from the ult? Do you want it back? If so, what would be a better feeling way to nerf Vi's burst in place of this change? Should we hit W base damage? W AD ratio? E damage? Base AD? What do you guys think?

At this point it's a bit unclear to me what you design her to do. Do you design her to be someone who's supposed to stick on you and fight with you endlessly, who is relatively non-sticky (with high CD, skillshot gap closer that slows you, and seems to sometimes stop you in your track for a second, and no way to slow the enemy down consistently), or a burster?

She seems to me to be more about the burst, with consistent damage thrown in, since she lacks real resistances/on-demand shield till much later in the game to let her be naturally tanky, nor can she keep people within her melee range for extended periods of time.

So to me it seems she is very much about the burst, which you are nerfing.

I don't think this specific issue will be a big deal, since you just need another AA in there. But her design is beginning to feel a bit fragmented with the recent nerfs, that are taking away some of the attention on what seemed to be her main strengths.

WardJumpForJesus

12-12-2012

i really think you should add denting blows back to her ult, but make her w scale harder into late. right now ive been jungling Vi, and her w is a 1 point wonder and i level it last. Make her w weaker early and force people to put early points into it if they want burst earlier rather than sustained damage. i agree taking away denting blows from her ultimate takes away her kit fluidity and i think the change to w should allow you to re implement it

Fennec

Recruiter

12-12-2012

If your looking to buff her i would say give her more AS on W proc as its the most rewarding part about it and adds some interesting game play.

My current issues with her is E seems waaay to powerful not to rank as its scaling and use is threw the roof.

W is a crazy powerful 1 pointer. I almost wonder if giving it a increase duration in AS would ADD a little more to its ranking and power while toning down its burst. I do question why W is going off max HP rather then Current just in terms of power as current seems much easier to balance and stops its high damage combos.

Her Q not really getting to be her core skill is sorta sadface as its sooo hit or miss on how powerful it can be. Oh and was the reasoning for having Q overload its self and not have any refund like Varus?

Lukiner

12-12-2012

Quote:
DiscworldDeath:
But her design is beginning to feel a bit fragmented with the recent nerfs, that are taking away some of the attention on what seemed to be her main strengths.

^
this

imho denting blows should be back on her ult....

either denting blows returns to her ult or she receive good slow on her ult = you are nerfing her dmg whole time so at least give her slow that will let her stick to the target so she can chase her enemy

DiscworldDeath

12-12-2012

Quote:
Fennec:
W is a crazy powerful 1 pointer. I almost wonder if giving it a increase duration in AS would ADD a little more to its ranking and power while toning down its burst. I do question why W is going off max HP rather then Current just in terms of power as current seems much easier to balance and stops its high damage combos.

Most abilities working off of current HP have a base damage. Max HP actually makes it easier to predict how much damage the champion will do in each stage of the game, reliant on how many points they have in the ability.

A current HP also requires you to add a base damage for it to not do nothing later on, then if you make it "balanced" at 50% HP, then it'd be increasingly strong at 100% enemy HP, and quite weak at 10%, whereas if you balance it to be "balanced" at 10% HP it'd be OP higher up, and vice versa.

Finally, if you think about Vi's kit, she can't really initiate with the % damage, due to requiring 3 AAs/abilities that all do damage on their own, ergo it's easier to balance (easier to balance != weaker/stronger) than were it to work off of current HP, just like Vayne's maximum HP.

Fomorian27

Recruiter

12-12-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:

R:

Wouldn't it make more sense to remove the denting blows from her q, since she has it up more often, so it's a free application of denting blows every time she engages as opposed to only the times when she has her ultimate up?