Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy Galio

12-11-2012

Quote:
shalexade:
I wonder if she left the fuzzy gloves at home?

Is this an AoD ref?

Sorry boys momma leaves the fuzzy cuffs at home.

ButterflyPuwn

12-11-2012

A quick point about Vi's E ability. There is an animation delay after she uses her E, so even if you have a fast enough attack speed, she still just stands around striking a pose after using her E. Perhaps this is intended, but it feels very wonky later in the game when she gets enough attack speed.

Insharai

12-11-2012

I played around with her for a bit; she was just a beast with her passive. She didn't feel like she had the damage to stomp the enemy team, but her initiation is going to make people very sad XD.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-11-2012

Quote:
DiscworldDeath:

1. If you target the ground, use Q, and don't end in melee range of any opponents, Vi stops. So if I click on the middle of a lane, use Q from fountain to get there faster and then don't right click on the lane again, she'll just stop and idle.
2. If I attack-move to a target, then after Qing to an empty space, Vi will keep on walking.

OOOH so that's the problem with her Q. The moveblock cancels your move command so you stop after dashing unless you issue another order.

I actually tried to fix this once. It seems like it would be an awesome change on the surface but it actually makes her feel a lot worse . The problem is that a lot of times when using Q you'll be clicking in directions you won't necessarily be dashing to. Then when you dash you immediately try to start running to the place you last clicked.

Example: You're chasing a sona and start to charge Q. While charging you click Sona but then realize J4 is about to gank you so at the last moment you pull a 180 and dash back towards your tower.

If the Q didn't cancel the move command you'd immediately turn around after the dash and start walking towards Jarvan and Sona since that was the last place you right clicked. Not ideal

Other long range jumps act like Vi's Q does currently. Imagine if Tristana's rocket jump didn't cancel her move command. She's just try to run back into the fight after every jump. Would not feel good.

Zerglinator

12-11-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Imagine if Tristana's rocket jump didn't cancel her move command. She's just try to run back into the fight after every jump. Would not feel good.

Tristana's Rocket Jump doesn't feel good anyways.

Komeiji Koishi

12-11-2012

Quote:
Llywelyn:
Also, I could not see any way to cancel it once you started with smartcast enabled

When I first tinkered with her Q on smartcast, it was intuitively the same as the first time I tried out Varus when he was available for free week. Frankly, I don't think it's hard to understand, even though it says "first cast" and "second cast" it's not really the case. I've only played Varus less than five times but the few times I did I got ahold of understanding how his Q smartcast works quite easily. It's the same case with Vi: you hold Q down, let go of the button if you want to aim her at somebody, and continue holding it down till the Q fizzles out if you dont want to use it.

Taikero

12-11-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:

Patch Notes:
Passive:
Reduced shield duration to 3 secs (down from 5)

I would like to see this buffed to 4 seconds. This grants 4 seconds uptime, 4 seconds downtime at lowest cooldown. So half good for the player, half good for counterplay.

I would adjust % of health off this duration for the shield.

Quote:
gypsylord:

Q:
Reduced charge time to 1.25 seconds (down from 1.5)
Changed cooldown to 18/15.5/13/10.5/8 (down from 19/16/13/10/7)

This was a good change that emphasizes the need for CDR but also makes the skill more immediately useful when it's off cooldown.

Quote:
gypsylord:
W:
Reduced Armor shred to 20% (down from 25%)
Reduced AD scaling to 1% per 30 AD (down from 1% per 25 AD)

I felt like the armor shred would be reduced to 20% or so. It was too strong.

That said, it's a bit sad to see the AD scaling drop, but I understand why. It still feels strong when Denting Blows hits though.

Quote:
gypsylord:
E:
Reduced AoE range to 600 (down from 625)

I disliked the AoE range being reduced. I would have preferred the scaling drop a bit, honestly. It was nice being able to make sure when you poked with E that you actually landed a hit, especially when facing someone like Jayce.

Quote:
gypsylord:
R:
Reverted AD ratio nerf. AD ratio is back to 1.4 (up from 1.35)

I approve of her R feeling powerful. It should feel like you got hit with a mack truck when she uses her ultimate.

Nirosu

12-11-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
OOOH so that's the problem with her Q. The moveblock cancels your move command so you stop after dashing unless you issue another order.

I actually tried to fix this once. It seems like it would be an awesome change on the surface but it actually makes her feel a lot worse . The problem is that a lot of times when using Q you'll be clicking in directions you won't necessarily be dashing to. Then when you dash you immediately try to start running to the place you last clicked.

Example: You're chasing a sona and start to charge Q. While charging you click Sona but then realize J4 is about to gank you so at the last moment you pull a 180 and dash back towards your tower.

If the Q didn't cancel the move command you'd immediately turn around after the dash and start walking towards Jarvan and Sona since that was the last place you right clicked. Not ideal

Other long range jumps act like Vi's Q does currently. Imagine if Tristana's rocket jump didn't cancel her move command. She's just try to run back into the fight after every jump. Would not feel good.

Hmm would there be an issue if after using Q the direction that you used it in you continued to move in that direction? So in your example using Q in opposite direction would dash back towards your tower and set a move command in that direction until you issued another command?

comomellamo1

12-11-2012

vi is good for top and jungle long time i didnt like a champ so much can build her tank tanky and ad

blah12321blah

12-11-2012

Quote:
Taikero:

I disliked the AoE range being reduced. I would have preferred the scaling drop a bit, honestly. It was nice being able to make sure when you poked with E that you actually landed a hit, especially when facing someone like Jayce.

I already mentioned that part when talking about the possibility of melee AD carry Vi + support bot lane. If he really does read every post, that means he doesn't care.