Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

msylcatac

12-11-2012

Love Vi's concept. And if you REALLY do READ EVERY single post. Mind answering one non-related question? Can ANYONE join riot and be a designer, or do you have to be that lucky person at that lucky time at that lucky place, like you have to be with everything else. Hookups essentially.

Eyepop

Recruiter

12-11-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
2. It's still useful as an AA reset because it removes the wind down of the attack BEFORE the e. Let's use the same visual with 3 attacks and assume the E is activated in the middle
--------!------------!------------!----___<--Normal attack pattern
--------!----!---------------!---- _____<--Attack pattern with E used to reset the second hit.

So when you activate E to reset hit #2 you get 2 attacks off really fast and even though the time between hit #2 and #3 is longer you're still getting those three hits over a shorter length of time.

While that may be true, it's still the main reason she feels clunky right now. When throwing punches you expect her to have a rhythm, in which E would feel more natural if it were to go ---rhythm----- E interrupt, fast AA ------ rhythm ------ instead of ------ rhythm ------- E interrupt, fast AA, long pause --------- rhythm ----------

Rumicube

12-11-2012

since the last patch I realized that the gauntlets of vi have change some colour (the presaure indicators in each gauntlet), since you have both colours, why not make that when vi activate her E, the gauntlets change those indicators from white to red/grey
that would be awesome

Vulking

12-11-2012

Quote:
Crystal Nexus:
This Feedback is only about her visual appearance:

I have some points at Vis´s standard skin. First the standard skin is a bit to dark. The contrast should be higher or the armor colors more intense.
I find her “Neon Strike” skin is very well done, beautiful rich colors that are easy to spot. Which does not mean that her standard skin should be as colorful as the “Neon Strike”.

^^THIS!
The higher contras make the skin looks so much better, lets not turn LoL esthetics onto a grimdark-shine-and-bloom-brown-fileterd-FPS.

Eyrgos

12-11-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?

To me, she was fun to play at first but the effect wore off pretty rapidly (except in the jungle, Q'ing over jungle walls is incredibly satisfying)... playing against, she's irritating (probably because of her E's, getting E slapped back-to-back is super annoying, perhaps add remove the charge aspect or add a short internal cd between expending charges?), yet a very challenging opponent (which I appreciate).

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?

I feel like her attack animations are a little too stiff/blunt (could be a bit more fluid, esp. considering her method of idle-swag and moving animations)... I feel like her brushing her hair (what was that, her dance?) is kinda' awkward with those giant gauntlets, I get what you're going for but I think it'd be better replaced.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?

Not in a pug, but yes in a clan of mutually good synergistic players... in pugs, I've had really terrible experiences so far- too many people acting like she's the main tank, trigger-happy/jumping the gun/hopping in & dying etc.; though with a partner or team you have synergy with, her potential is great (dat ult, E poke, Q splitting, armor breaking, <3).

If you have any feedback that doesn't fall under one of the above topics I'd still love to hear it.

I think part of that excitement wearing off has to do with the fact that she has a passive only ability... and that her Q & R are similar (in a sense, dash-dash)... I had an idea that I think you (and the player base) would love:

We try something like making her W into her passive, making her current passive into her W with a brand new active... a "reverse" Diana E (moonfall), where she ground-slams, and enemies within her immediate vicinity are slowed + knocked outwardly from Vi.

Awesome utility and adds just enough "fear" to the enemy team that they don't necessarily want to get up on her and exchange that opportunity cost... also provides a sufficient benefit to her getting up in the fray; works as a starting jungle ability if it deals minor damage too (as it applies the shield passive on cast).

Just a thought, RED please reply with your specific thoughts, I'd very much appreciate them .

Eyrgos

12-11-2012

You see, and then with this new active (we can call it Groundbreaker)... let's say you R in to the enemy team, W enemies off you, Q back the target of choice... great separation, epic combo-potential... better, more exciting gameplay (imho).

DiscworldDeath

12-11-2012

Ok, gypsylord, I just played a 1v1 game against a bot on the PBE in order to give the Q some more testing. Be advised that my latency is 270 to the PBE, so some of it may come from that:

1. If you target the ground, use Q, and don't end in melee range of any opponents, Vi stops. So if I click on the middle of a lane, use Q from fountain to get there faster and then don't right click on the lane again, she'll just stop and idle.
2. If I attack-move to a target, then after Qing to an empty space, Vi will keep on walking.

3. Used the Neon Racer Vi skin, sometimes when I used Q I had a green trail instead of a blue one. I'm not sure if it's as a result of having my W passive up or what, cause it didn't seem related to my passive itself, or if I min or max charged the Q.

4. There definitely seems to be a delay when you use Q, where Vi stops for a split second. It might be a hair longer when you A-move first. The thing is, it's not always consistent. Sometimes she seemed to stop for about 0.2 seconds, for a sliver of time. Other times she seemed to stop for about 0.5 seconds or so, which was really noticeable. Now, this could be my latency, but until PBE comes to EUW or she gets released, that's what I can do for you

5. Her stickiness. It might be related to her AA animation, an issue I've seen you address, but I've played against a Shen bot that had no boots, while I had boots 1 and MS quints. It felt her AAs were very very slow and slowed me and thus I was unable to catch him.

Ok, watched the replay:
3. Ignore. Health potion green particle trail OP
4. She definitely seems to stop for a short period of time some of the times she uses Q, not always, but sometimes.
5. I think it's just an illusion, due to the AA reset issue we discussed above. She walked just behind him waiting for her next AA to become available, which feels the same as you being just outside AA range. If I did attack, move, attack, move, like better ADC players than myself can, I'd have probably noticed my extra speed.

Edit: Just to verify, since some people I talked to think it's a bug, Vi is not meant to be able to AA during her Q charging up/being fully charged, right? Cause if she is meant to be able to do it, then she can't.

chiyo

12-11-2012

I don't usually post.. but this champ is so fun.. I have to make the effort to let you guys know. I have been playing Vi in the PBE and I have to say, she is SUPER fun!!! She is the full package with an escape, gap closer, aoe, and she does it all in style. Her abilities all look and feel great. Her ult is my fav.
I cannot wait until she goes live. Great job gypsylord.

plasmatorture

Recruiter

12-11-2012

I still feel she feels sluggish before her W gives her an attack speed boost.
Was there any thought given to make the attack speed work more like Volibear/Jax?
With her lack of sticking power it feels really clunky trying to get the 3 hits off on a single target and this would make it much easier/smoother feeling to play.

I also still think her shield should be more controllable but I guess I understand why you wouldn't want that.

Llywelyn

12-11-2012

Quote:
Xolo:
Her autoattack animation has kind of a long wind-up time, making it a little awkward to last hit.

Her Q is also awkward to use with smartcasting enabled, at least for me.

Also, I could not see any way to cancel it once you started with smartcast enabled