Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vsin

12-08-2012

I dunno, her Q is pretty cool for doing damage and hopping over walls, but I really don't see how a fully charged Q is in any way shape or form practical, with the exceptions of escaping and jumping over walls.

- Using it as a lane gap closer is really difficult since it's a HEAVILY telegraphed move with a range that honestly isn't that long in the first place.
- Using it to chase just causes you to lose the target (unless they're obscenely slow) due to the 15% MS slow, and the movement range and speed don't make up for that.
- Using it to gank is just as hard as a lane gap closer since you need to both already be behind the target and have it charged up before walking into lane. Which means they really need to be a mile out of position.
- Using it as a followup to her Ult should really only be a single tap in order to extend the lock string and proc Denting Blows. Spend time charging and they just walk away.
- Using it as damage in the middle of a fight feels inferior to just whaling on stuff.

Personally, I'd suggest having one of the portions (Damage or Range) charge up within 0.5 - 0.75s, with the other portion taking the full 1.5s. Or alternatively, just drop the charge time to 1.0 - 1.25s.

Kuroishlence12

12-08-2012

Yep, her Q is bad for chasing, it kinda can only be used as a lane/ over walls gap closer and knock up

Vsin

12-08-2012

Well it's not like I'm saying it's useless. I'm just saying that charging up your Falcon Punch creates sub-optimal results, and I don't think that's intended for her overall feel.

Hype Algerian

12-08-2012

Detailed feedback incoming.

Personality:
I think Vi is trying too hard to sound like an action girl. Do notice the emphasis on "sound like" - because she's the total cliché of Action Girl. After Draven's megalomania (Welcome to the Leeeeague of Draven! Not Draven, Draaaaaaaaaaaaaven), we probably needed a stereotypical tomboyish action girl with cojones (not named Leona, Leona is a lady, not a tomboy).

The one line I did not like was "One-girl wrecking crew!" - as if she needed to say that, sorta highlights the fact that women and men are not perceived similarly in Runeterra, makes me think that women rights are still up for debate there. Still, she could be the feminist's poster child in a Runeterran campaign, no doubt about it. Now I don't know if you guys were trying to break the 4th wall on that line but methinks she doesn't need that line, would be overdoing it (in a bad way). Without it, she's overdone in a good way. Personally, my favorite line was "Freeze! Or don't, I don't care." That alone is an 'Oh ****' moment.

Vi sounds like violence indeed; all four moves involve her punching you in the face in a way or another. Her passive is a damn shield that triggers on punches, for God's sake. She's not Akuma-tier of badass - Akuma's badassery makes me go "Ooooow!". (Akuma is a character from Street Fighter - probably the most badass thing ever seen in videogames; Kratos is a phony compared to him. Asura, though...)
She's probably that 'bad cop' in the brigade who says "Screw protocol" and goes nuts on whoever the poor victim of her assault is (yeah, from delinquent to poor soul, you get the idea). She does fit the bill for Tsundere (her joke, please - she's trying to sound mean; contrast to her story where she actually saved miners - meaning she cares).

Iconic? Well, she will be iconic in the community. Outside of it, though, I doubt it (unless there's some press on the fact that there's a tomboy in an internet game who whoops serious ass). She's no Teemo (RIOT Y U NO LET US SMITE TEEMO) / Amumu (he just wants a hug... of doom) / Mundo (MUNDO) / Draven. Her recall animation is rather goofy - makes her look humorously cliché. But she's not wtf-iconic. She doesn't stand out as much as other characters who have... quirks in personality.
Example of quirks:
- Elise is a spiderhuman who has refined tastes and still looks hella cute in spider form.
- Blitzcrank. HA. HAHA. HAHAHA. HAHA.
- Viktor and his 'Glorious evolution' make me laugh. Doesn't help that he has two "OH SHI-" moments.
- Amumu, the sad mummy. He just wants a hug!
- Teemo... OBNOXIOUS THING FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL! (second only to Lulu)

I think she'll stand out to those who play her - but not to everyone. Some will hate her and some will love her. Racer Vi will decide of who will (and who won't) - especially its recall animation.

I prefer Riven in terms of personality to Vi. I find Riven to be overall more badass in attitude than Vi, especially given how Riven is all serious business and very deep in personality.

Kit:

Passive: Forces you to go into the fray, scales with Health. Fine passive for a bruiser, I guess.

Q: Falcon Punch. The animation makes sense and all, mechanic is not too clunky for smartcasters (took me one missed Q to figure out how to smartcast it). Not an instant gapcloser like assassins tend to have, which is good.

W: The more you punch, the more fked up your opponent gets. Makes sense.

E: Punch that damages people behind it. Well, machinery got a little op there. Still okay. It's her main skill if you jungle her imo, gives you waveclear and autoattack reset.

R: wtf-punch. Well, the animation is clunky as hell. I don't know what she's supposed to do on this one. All I know is that it deals a truckload of damage.

She's a decent duellist bruiser kind of thing. She doesn't totally lack sustain (she got a shield, but that one is a bit weak). She's what Riven would be with gauntlets.

Teamfighting:
1) Innnnnnto the fray.
2) Go nuts on that coward AD carry.
3) She's not a tank. Think Darius type of bruiser.
4) I found she dealt decent damage, which makes her a rather potent threat.

I do expect a forum outcry on her being OP mainly because she will capitalize on a target being isolated from his back line.

tl;dr: Cool concept, but flat personality. She will probably be picked in a semi-competitive environment (or maybe even in competitive play if someone gives her a chance) but she's a sleeper pick.

Note: I can be wrong.

FinalBoss Wilson

12-08-2012

Like the character and the kit flows together well. Only thing is the cd on her passive especially at lower levels feels prohibitively long. If she's meant to be a bruiser is needs to be a slightly more reliable dmg preventer imho, to make it easier for her to hold her own in trading. Need to be activate it at least twice in a short trade. You could also allow denting blows to refresh the effect once. To be her more tanky. Beyond that Vi is a great champ and I can't wait to play her on live.

codedarms

12-08-2012

So i just gave her a shot and her burst potential is pty high at 3, You go in with your q which gives

denting blows thn an AA and finally finish with your e this should hit the target for a huge amount of

dmg because of the 6% from your w, Ive been seeing a lot of ppl stack health though which seems like

a bad descision since her sheild will give you about 200 hp late game but with hp stacking around 350+

so not much i tried going the op armor pen and was literally 2 shotting ppl but you can build a phage if

you like early for the lane just dont go for the mallet. Most people probably know this alrdy just wanted to give some insight

Oceanian

12-08-2012

Quote:
ohmikegoodness:
Thanks for the feedback! I was hoping the W wouldn't just look like another punch... I wanted to give the impact to the E and the Q

Could you tell me if my idea was taken into consideration for this champion?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2491186

The reason why I ask is because it seems the lore is related in the sense of childhood trouble, stealing hextech ware, becoming powerful and doing bad things etc. Another factor is the gameplay such as the abilities (Q is almost identical, same with it's mana usage), some quotes, etc. If it isn't then disregard.

Also, why does she turn blue every now and then?

CptSmackThat

12-08-2012

Allow me to first say that Vi is one of the single most awesome champions I've played (beta player). Great job guys.

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
Part 1 - Vi is incredibly fun to play as. I love her flavor and style. Dashes are always enjoyable. She's very spunky and hilarious. Her skill set is great for her role as a top bruiser or jungler, but I do foresee some Froggen Vi mid. Her passive is gorgeous, it feels like a clutch malphite passive.

Part 2 - Vi is also an interesting matchup. Now, I've played very few games not doing Vi on Vi, but I have had one as Irelia (Considered one of the top top lanes). Vi can be very predictable if you don't use the bush properly when charging your Q. That being said, it is very easy to underestimate her damage output even after playing her multiple times. Her harassment is terrifying and it only gets worse. She has to be dealt with in the early levels. I found fighting against most Vi's at levels 2 and 3 were the most beneficial in terms of dominating the lane. You also want to focus on when her passive drops. She's a hard lane to play against and is scary.
B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? - Just perfect. Her movement animation and clarity are also something worth noting. It feels nice when you're moving around the map.
What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? - My current build on her is as follows:
1) Boots -> Merc for high magic, Ninja Tabi for high ad
2) Black Cleaver
3) Vamp Scepter -> Blade of the Ruined King (Chasing opponents down once you get up close)
4) Trinity Force (A must on her with her E)
5) Ravenous Hydra/Randuins/Banshees (Depending on what I need)
6) Guardian Angel (You're going to probably die as one of the initiators)
She feels very typical bruiser. Potential for high damage along with massive mitigation. I feel that maybe she can do too much damage in some cases. Black Cleaver feels wrong. It gives far to much power for what it is. It's like Standard Legal Jace the Mind Sculptor. All blue decks had it, or it wasn't really tournament ready. That being said, I don't like that The Black Cleaver is a must for nearly all bruisers and that it adds so much power. That's comparable to Rabadon's and IE, but I feel that Trinity Force is that item for bruisers. They didn't need two, especially when mitigation is such a weak part of the game to begin with.

Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? - She's very fluid. One issues is when I flash while near enemy minions with my Excessive Force prepped it'll hit the minions and have no splash. This is annoying for chasing. It's happened a couple of times.

How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? - Perfect Spunk Levels. Needs a bro skin ASAP. Broski - Brovi? I got nothing, but it needs to happen.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not? - Olaf is considered one of the better champions for high level play because of his ability to disregard everyone and rush the carries of the enemy team. Vi has great skirmish potential, is able to turn around fights with her burst damage, and can decimate foes quickly and reliably with her ultimate. Her lane potential and play style is very rewarding. She can return harassment and out harass a lot of champions. She also can escape very well making her hard to gank. In my opinion she'll become one of the top champions for people to pick. I know I'll be picking her for my team come Season Three.

Passive - Like where it is. Wonderful.

Q - Like where it is. Escapes well, feels fluid, great for initiating.

W - A little too powerful. I don't think the armor penetration should go as high as it does. The ratio in terms of % increase based on bonus AD is too high.

E - Spread damage is very powerful. Causes her to poke very well. I was thinking at first that it should deal less damage the further it goes out, but then I realized it'd just be better overall to lower it a little. Not much though, seems pretty safe where it is.

R - You lowered the damage a bit, I like the flat damage where it is at. It scales similarly to Dragon's Rage which feels good. It feels fine where it is for dueling and team fights.

Jazman84

12-08-2012

Very interesting champ to play. I love her E ability. I have waited a while for a champ to be released with a double on-next-attack spell!

I'd like for her to get 1 adjustment however, I think there should be some kind of visual cue of when she has a charge of excessive force. Maybe something like: When she has 1 charge, 1 gauntlet glows or has a light on it, and when @ 2 charges both gauntlets have the effect.

This will make fighting as, with and against her a bit more intuitive.

Playing as her:
You know how many charges you have without checking your buff-bar.

Playing with her on your team:
You know when her damage will be at it's highest.

Playing against her:
You know if she is going to pummel you a bit harder than usual.

Overall though, great champ, well done. You have my money!

Tadiken

12-09-2012

Fun as hell character. Interesting to fight. Mechanically balanced, amazing burst, great in long fights, but even then, her only flash has to wind up, and her e and r both have long cooldowns. And even with how powerful her w is, it only works by stacking on the enemy, not on yourself. It is hard to push with later on, since you two shot stuff. I enjoy using her with ravenous hydra and iceborn gauntlet with a bunch of other damage/tanky items. Move over wukong, there's a new god of melee aoe in town.