Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowsaint

12-08-2012

Hi gypsylord. How are you? I have to admit I am having a complete and utter champgasim here with Vi. Even though her numbers are going to be tweaked a lot before release her kit feels amazing.

I wanted to offer a suggestion that hopefully you will read and take into consideration. Could U allow her Q to keep charging while also using your ultimate? Not sure how hard it would be to code that in but holding down Q just before using your ult then expending your fully charged Q once the ult had finished would just be EPIC. I would call it Q Charge R combo. This would make a signature combo that would certainly take skill and timing to perfect. Just think. Start charging Q, barrel down on main target, and full Q away to safety for an epic yet risky initiation. Or start charging Q, barrel down on main target and immediately full Q into there face or rest of team from behind. Or, start charging Q, barrel down on main target and full Q into another target or back into brush. The tactical possibilities would be immense and I feel it would add a huge layer of depth to her kit. Especially considering she will be prone to nerfs and what not, giving her kit flexibility is going to be her biggest strength.

Please hear me out gypsylord. See what the team thinks.

StealYourMoney

12-08-2012

Feels like its somewhat difficult to actually hit someone with a max charged q if they can see you. Assuming non stickiness is one of her weaknesses, w seems awkward since it gives you an attack speed buff which you can only really benefit from if you stick.

Shadowsaint

12-08-2012

There are many ways to aquire "stick". Furor boot enchantment is one cheap way to get this early on if you really want it.

Zair Umbras

12-08-2012

I think Vi needs... a better looking face. I dunno.... Body is fine, gauntlets are humongously gaudy, and she's mildly entertaining with her voice, but that face... I don't think I want to be on purple side. It's... It's like a manly face... I think I'd prefer Shaco's head on her body than her current face... It reminds me of the one crazy guy with the frugoo or what ever they're called again from Spy Kids 1.

Shadowsaint

12-08-2012

Quote:
Zair Umbras:
I think Vi needs... a better looking face. I dunno.... Body is fine, gauntlets are humongously gaudy, and she's mildly entertaining with her voice, but that face... I don't think I want to be on purple side. It's... It's like a manly face... I think I'd prefer Shaco's head on her body than her current face... It reminds me of the one crazy guy with the frugoo or what ever they're called again from Spy Kids 1.

Couldn't disagree more. Her face is very aggressive steam punk anime. I love it honestly. Best female champ to date, other than ezreal.

Zenmetsu Saseru

12-08-2012

Quote:
Prince Kassad:
Why not just make Denting Blows stronger but not have her spells proc it? That would make her less bursty and more of a sustained fighter. It would also give more counterplay. Or at least have her ultimate not proc it. Her ultimate is already her biggest source of burst damage, and between that and her autoattack resets I feel like Denting Blows happens almost instantly and makes her feel like a burster. A good example is Darius's Apprehend. It doesn't apply Hemorrage, and I always figured that was because if he happens to grab a target, he is probably already in the driver's seat of that situation and doesn't really need to be stacking his passive any faster. I feel like that is how Vi is with her ultimate.

tl;dr Denting Blows doesn't feel strong when auto-attacking... it feels more like a part of her burst combo than a steroid to her sustained damage.

I disagree, I feel the Dent does rather well.
Quote:
Prince Kassad:

That would be unfair to other champions. Imagine if Hydra procced all of Jax's on-hit effects. It would have to be nerfed into oblivion.

I wouldn't talk about it being unfair if Vayne can't have Hurricane like everyone else can.

Shadowsaint

12-08-2012

Are most people rushing Hydra on her? Trying to find that perfect all around build. I have been having good luck with wriggles or grez lantern, IE,PD,TF. Tried and true. Should I just rush hydra instead of wriggles/grez?

Zenmetsu Saseru

12-08-2012

Depends on what you can get away with really, Hydra gives everything a big girl needs, but doesn't mean you should rush it if you actually need something different.

KotlettDrake

12-08-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Hey folks,
Thanks for all the excellent feedback. Read every post. Keep it coming. To answer one of the things brought up before I pass out:

Vi doesn't seem very sticky.
This is an intended weakness. Vi gets two long range gap closers and the tradeoff is that, while she can get to you, she is not very good at sticking to you. She has no selfish cc and no MS steroids. If Vi wants sticking power she should be making the choice to itemize for it at the cost of other items that may be giving better damage or defense.

Also patchnotes (these went to the PBE earlier tonight):
-Passive
Increased CD at earlier ranks to 18/13/8 (up from 16/12/8)

-E
Decreased Base AD scaling to 1.15 (down from 1.2)
Decreased AoE range to 625 (down from 650)

-R
Decreased damage at later ranks to 200/350/500 (down from 200/375/550)
Decreased Bonus AD ratio to 1.35 (down from 1.4) -tooltip for this is bugged, still shows old ratio
Refactored the CC. No longer suppresses. Knockup still lasts for 1.25 seconds. Basically, the CC will last for the same amount of time (you can't cleanse or merc treads a knockup) but now you won't be locked out of using summoners like exhaust/heal/barrier).

These nerfs are targeted at two things:
1. Vi's early game is too strong, she is a major bully in top lane and she clears the jungle fast while maintaining a high degree of safety.
2. Vi bursts way too hard throughout the game.

I'm not hitting things like the W yet because what I want to preserve is her consistent threat and high damage output over the course of an engagement. My intent is for her to be closer to a Shyvana or Nocturne type character except with less AoE/sticking power and more single target DPS. She should be getting on targets and making them fight her or run. She shouldn't be jumping on the carry and oneshotting him.

I realize that these changes are small but don't worry, if she needs more nerfs she'll get them. Just taking baby steps. An overnerfed champion can be just as painful on release as a crazy OP one.

yea she was op i could tell after the extensive amount of testing i did against 1300 elo players on the pbe for the past 2 days. ult nerf? the damage was the worst part. lol this champ has one minor cc on her ult. darius does way more burst in genereal.

PhantomPiro

12-08-2012

Haven't woken up completely yet, so forgive me if my thoughts seem all jumbled up. The only negative feedback I can think of atm is that her early game is WAAAYYYY too strong, IMO. I was able to get 6 kills in top lane before level 6 in a custom bot game (it may not seem like much, bit it was my personal best). Besides that, her kit is really fun to use, and her ult is really satisfying!

She can push her lane AND keep up her health with her E and Tiamat/Hydra, so she may be able to split push mid/late game. Her Q is a great gap closer and a decent escape when being chased, especially with a Phantom Dancer.

Slightly off-topic, but I'm wondering if her autoattack animation could be tweaked a bit? I'd love to see her do something like a 3 punch combo (left-right-upppercut!) so that her passive from her W can feel a bit more satisfying. The rings under the enemy is ok, but reminds me too much of Vayne. I would love to see something more unique to make it more of her own, instead of something "borrowed".

I'm not sure how to explain this, but I feel as though she should be played as an anti-bruiser-bruiser (if that makes any sense?). I'll try to edit, expand and explain this concept if/when I completely wake up later in a few hours.