Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volski

12-07-2012

She's more broken than release Xin-Zhao.
Her scaling is horribly high, and she has way too much utility.
Her manacosts are non-existent as well.

evilnixon

12-07-2012

I would say she's a lot of fun to play as, but currently would not be as much fun to play against. I kinda agree with Lepercoon that her ratios are a tad too high. As for the feel of the character, I liked the way she played. She's got some great combos, some awesome peel to the back line and can stick like crazy.

Splinterheart

12-07-2012

From looking at her design, she definitely feels that she needs to be more Steampunky./ Steam-powered.
Futuristic PFE-like particles were unexpected when I first saw the champion.

...This is not because I want to convert all champions into Steampunk champs. :P

KamiKhaZix

12-07-2012

So... Vi is awesome. I love her design and that ultimate is an friggin super dunk. It puts dunkmaster darius to shame it's so awesome...

My design issue is similar to that other guys, she SCREAMS steampunk to me. I'd love for some of her particles (like the backpack thing) to release steam or something along those lines. Steampunk = awesome.

AquilesOfArtoria

12-07-2012

Mike Tayson skin..
with voice acting
Thoon..

Sabrestrike

12-07-2012

A) The feeling of Vi's skills channeling together is really intuitive and fluid, which is a must on a kit like this. The way she handles reminds of a spiritual successor to Riven with dash in for damage, get shield, wail on people with fun, fighting game style combos (which I think is a necessity on a fist fighting character archetype like this.

I haven't played against a Vi yet but I imagine their could be a couple points of frustration when playing against her. Her dash skill, if maxed first lets her feel really slippery, which is often frustrating when she can dash over a wall, or away from danger every six seconds (or into your face.) This might be somewhat counterbalanced by positioning that "traps" her (if you can stand inside her model or really close she will almost always crash into her opponent rather than escape.)

She scales pretty well, so like losing to a Riven or a Garen, that first item might set the lane snowballing pretty quickly. She always starts fights with a 10% health shield which makes her trades really favorable too.

Her design is really cool. I like the character you made a badass tomboy will be well-received by me .
B) Skills are mostly fluid and effective. Her Q is a little weird in the sense that it takes some setup to really nail an opponent with it. Frequently, it seems like the best choice is to rush in, not charge it at all and use it at the low damage end, as long as you can apply your W.

I like the way the skills feel when they connect, it's pretty satisfying to be able to AA -> reset with E -> AA -> reset with E. The sounds could be more, I'm struggling for the right words here, crunchier? Clankier? Something along those lines.

My build tends to be a mixture of damage and durability. Early, I'll build boots/3pots or cloth/5pots, or (rarely) longsword/2pots depending on the matchup. The next build step tends to be Brutalizer/Phage/Vampscepter depending on what I need most, followed by something like glacial shroud or hexdrinker depending on if I'm up against magic or physical damage.

At the end of the game I'd like to have Boots 2 (tabi or mercs), Black cleaver, Ravenous Hydra, Frozen Heart, Frozen Mallet, Runic bulwark/GA/Maw/MercScim depending on which one of those items seemed most valuable (GA for extra armor, Bulwark if no one else on my team was an AotL champ, Maw if I needed the early hexdrinker, Mercscim if CC is a problem.

I think the build is fine. The champ is a fighter and needs a fair amount of resistance and damage to be effective.

C) The champ probably will have her place on a team. She probably won't see a lot of competitive play because they tend not to like high risk type champs. What I will say is, her AoE clear really gives her a strength in top lane where she can come back by picking up a lot of CS. In general though, so much of her kit is damage and more damage and armor debuffs that she might have trouble when compared to some higher utility champs. Basically, I feel she fulfills a similar role to Riven, a fighter who can scale well and be a bit durable thanks to the built in shield, (though her single target ult is more of a lockdown/assassination/dive skill).

The Fear Within

12-07-2012

Gypsylord:
Awesome champ, feedback after 5 games.
A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
Awesome to play as her, unique and fun tools in kit. I think there is counterplay available against her, manly via kiting and punishing poor decisions. Working combos balanced around her shield and proccing W has proved really enjoyable. Pulling them off feels really good. It is frustrating in a losing lane trying 2 come back as her only way of safe farming is melee. I feel a bit crippled after giving a first blood and Vi is easily zoned once behind. Max rank Q CD is too low I feel she is way to mobile with full CDR and rank 5 Q. The range on Q is very strong and combined with a ~4 sec CD, a lot of squishies simply have no room for counterplay after burning 1 CC or escape spell.
B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
Completely, you guys really nailed this aspect. Her spells flow together in a cool way. Amping up her Q then blasting forward is so satisfying, her punch animations are awesome as well. Using ult to charge through a fight to crush a backline Teemo brought a huge smile to my face. Compared to PBE Regnar, her animations are very smooth, easy to pick up and predict. Her W animation and sound seem underwhelming. I feel a huge part of her kit is building into a W proc, and its just disappointing to barely hear a different sound or see a different animation. I realize a lot of "busy-ness" in her animations/sounds come from her E, but a stronger sound or effect on W would really help give a visceral reward for building a combo.
C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
In most cases She is a strong assist damage and dive wise. Her only utility is strong initiation. On certain team comps already including hard CC, Vi fits well. She also seems safer and more useful than the "fighter" champions while putting out lots of damage. When a team has weak hard CC, her power is greatly weakened. Overall, if picked intelligently she will work great and seem like a useful team member.

Zapking

12-07-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
Definitely fun to play as Vi; her skills flow pretty smoothly. I think her shield may be a little strong? I think Vi seems like she could dive well, but it looks manageable with cc. Best part of her is the e reset; feels great. Worst part is the ult animation; i think its slow?

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
Punches are fine for speed; might be a wee bit fast if I had to decide. I'm building tanky damage; phage, black cleaver, kindlegem, dorans blade. These items make here a riven like character, with damage and staying power, but requiring some gap closing to be effective. Dont hear anything wrong with the sounds. Skill animations for e is good; q has a lot of 'light' particles and seems flashy; idk if that is intended. Her ult: either it's really hard to get used to, or the animation is long. I've only played one game, but it feels hard to combo into e.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Doesnt seem too viable; good ratios for damage in top lane, but the ultimate is not the best initiate nor is it too much damage; Vi brings little utility to a team, but she can be very strong as a melee carry.

KesslerCOIL

12-07-2012

Just my opinion but...
Pronouncing her name as Vy just doesnt sound right.. much like Kha'Zix not being pronounced Kha'Zee.
By general rule of langauge, i believe it should be pronounced Vee.

blah12321blah

12-07-2012

haven't been able to test her out yet (will do) because I get a bugsplat every time but,

OMG SHE'S VEXX!!! ULTI right here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6q6KZ9ZyB4&feature=player_detailpage#t=442s)!
Her name can even be read as his name's (and game's) first letter. Whether i'm right or wrong doesn't matter, i'll just pretend that's how it is either way.

Given that fact, yes she's awesome and i'm instabuying her, which makes any further feedback irrelevant.