Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faytzen

12-06-2012

QUESTION: will there be any lore connection in the game for Caitlyn and Vi?

I would love to see something like that but I can't think of any ideas

Solari Brigadier

12-06-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
I should probably clear this up now. The similarities between Vi and Quinn are mere coincidence.

Vi has been in development for 6 months.

Izzabelle's amazing thread (AWESOME ART BTW) has been on the forums for 4 weeks.

Just curious, how did her development start? There was a lot of topics about less feminine female champs, and less obvious curvature. Was that the starting point? Or did it start from a desire to make a complete brawler-style champ?

Edit: Also, you play a pretty good Caitlyn lol.

ploki122

12-06-2012

Quote:
Arcqe:
is Vi in any way inspired by the age old boxer champion thread?

(http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2126257)

..just curios.

furthermore, gypsylord, why would you do this to my wallet?

well... yes!
Quote:
Pabro:

In Vi's case, she's been aeound in various forms for two years. At one point she was a steam-punk capoeira fighter with dreads and robot legs- which sounds way cooler than our drawings for her!

A year ago we started exploring a girl with bad ass metal/tech gauntlets but we couldn't find a way to make her compelling. We were running into challenges with Shyvana overlap, as well as struggling to define who she was as a person. Sometime around this past June, one of our champ concept artists took another crack at her- and came up with the punky ex-criminal persona. We all got super pumped on this new direction and began full pre-production.. GypsyLord's first playable protoype came into design playtest in early July- and we had her marquee charge punch ability day one.

Illyriomysterio

12-06-2012

Quote:
Maxillion:
QUESTION: will there be any lore connection in the game for Caitlyn and Vi?

I would love to see something like that but I can't think of any ideas

Her lore is in the client, she's Caitlyn's rough-and-tumble partner.

aZnPYTHONaZn

12-06-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
I should probably clear this up now. The similarities between Vi and Quinn are mere coincidence.

Vi has been in development for 6 months.

Izzabelle's amazing thread (AWESOME ART BTW) has been on the forums for 4 weeks.

Hmm, sorry for the assumption. Had no idea it would take that long. I guess I'm too closeminded.

Btw: Just tested the champ out. I think the scalings are a bit off, meanign too op atm. And i think E on turret shouldnt blast it back to enemies behind like cho's spikes.

Does her q first cast intentionally stop her from moving ?

A Ruse You Idiot

12-06-2012

Just finished a practice game as her, and I have to say...

A) Easily my favorite champion so far. I'm pretty sure I could handle her on the opposing team as well. She seems like she wants to do massive teamfight damage while still sticking to a single target to focus, and she does that very well. I think the base damage and effects on her W could use some toning down, but that's just my initial thought.

B) She is above and beyond everything before; pretty sure I found my new main. Personality fits perfectly. Animations and all seemed extremely fluid. Built Cleaver, TF, IE, Swiftness-Furor boots, Zephyr, and Hydra. I was playing against bots, so in a normal game I would expect to swap in a Frozen Mallet/Iceborn Gauntlet for tankiness. Skills have lots of synergy and work very well. One thing I would suggest would be removing the knockup on the final target for her ult, since you can't QSS out of knockups, and QSS is the only counterplay to suppression.

C) I really like what she brings: Lots of AoE and single-target damage, with some CC in as well.

Faytzen

12-06-2012

Quote:
Illyriomysterio:
Her lore is in the client, she's Caitlyn's rough-and-tumble partner.

I mean a game connection, or an easter egg concerning Vi and Caitlyn (Something like Graves + Nocturne, or Rengar + Khazik)

JYarbz

12-06-2012

I just wish I could buy her.

Fomorian27

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Her q feels a little bit clunky. Sure, she loses movespeed while she's charging it up, but she also seems to stop before activating it as well. Also, I don't really "get" the purpose of the spell. You can use it to knock people around in hand to hand, but since it knocks champions back it doesn't seem like that great of a cc. Hecarim's knockback works because he can go through you with his passive then knock you back towards his team. You can't really do that kind of repositioning with vi, who is a lot less mobile than hecarim. I'm just having a hard time envisioning what it would do in a team.

Goldoak

12-06-2012

I love her. The punches are have a nice crisp animation and feel delightfully tight to last hit with. My only complaint there is that at some angles she seems to be punching far off of a minion's center of mass (likely due to the size of those gauntlets).

My only other point of contention is that volume seems bizarrely low on her taunt, as compared to her other voice acting.

Dear god though, I am blown away by how satisfying it is to hit thing with those giant fists. I'm going to learn to play bruisers for this champion.