Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-06-2012

Greetings PBE Summoners,
I am happy to announce that our final champion of the year is now (or soon will be) available for testing on the PBE.

Allow me to introduce Vi, the Piltover Enforcer. Imagine two giant hextech gauntlets. Now imagine a total badass who loves using those gauntlets to hit things. Hard. That's Vi in a nutshell.

Have you ever wished you could punch an enemy with such an impact that you hit the enemies behind it? If your answer is yes, you may enjoy playing Vi.

Have you ever had the desire to wind up a punch powerful enough to carry you across the battlefield, clocking anyone unlucky enough to get in your way? If your answer is yes, you may enjoy playing Vi.

Have you ever wanted to indiscriminately bowl through an enemy team, wiping the smirk off that AD carry's face as you slam it into the ground? If your answer is yes, well, you get the idea.

Vi is all about powerful punches. She's a high mobility high damage bruiser who picks a target, launches herself into the fray, and makes that target deal with her. So what are you waiting for? Go try her out. I'd love to hear your feedback. Best of luck on the Fields of Justice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have three major things I'm looking for feedback on:

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

If you have any feedback that doesn't fall under one of the above topics I'd still love to hear it.

If you find a bug don't post it here!
There's another thread for that: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2874659

PS:
It's pronounced like the word "vie." (sounds like: "Vying for control&quot

TheEnigmaBlade

12-06-2012

New female from Piltover? Yes please!

I'll get to playing her as soon as I can.

Zerglinator

12-06-2012

Oh man.

Lady puncher...awesome.

Ravechaosknight

12-06-2012

Hamanahamanahamana! ;-;

ok, this will be fun!

Sergeant Dragon

12-06-2012

Huh...

Although this is the gal a la Bucks from BSG that Morello mentioned, for some reason I thought it'd be another support. My mistake.

Fomorian27

Recruiter

12-06-2012

wow, gypsylord being really proactive about feedback! Looking really forward to try her out.

Dimwitt

12-06-2012

Was this concept taken from that one art thread.. here (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2768187&highlight=caster+pollux) ?

I seem to recall that having showcased a "juggernaut-like" Female Ionian ... But this is just as nice.

Valenten

12-06-2012

umm this reminds me of Quinn from that one thread "i want to make champions" i think was the title.

Ravechaosknight

12-06-2012

gypsylord just tell them not to nerf the practice session games. I never get to play the new champs until just before they come out because I don't have Kat like reflexes to autolock champs.

Tenmar

12-06-2012

This character is very 90's comic book cliche. Trying to find the comic cause I remember when I was a kid giving a female character power gaunts was all the rage.

EDIT: Found it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Chasers

The characters name was Gully. Basically this character is already cliche.