Champion Spotlight: Nami, the Tidecaller

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buko Kylen

12-07-2012

Hello, this is Buko Kylen. I've been a big fan of this game since season one. It's amazing. I would just like to address something that I see as a big problem with the game.

Nami the Tidecaller is a super cool champ. My problem is that, as a HUGE fan of Janna (i played her for like 300 games straight when I first started league), it seems like she does everything that Janna is supposed to do, only better. She has an easy to land knock-up (Janna's tornado is a little too easy to dodge), she gives the team powerful speed buffs with every spell (Janna gives only 3%, yeah it's global, but how effective is that really compared to Nami's speed buffs?), she gives a boost in dmg to auto attacks (Janna has her shield, but this was something that made her feel special), her ult knocks everyone up, slows them, damages them AND speeds all allies up over a massive range, and she has a damaging bouncy healy thingy (Janna's ult is the only form of healing she has, and since the slow is removed, you often have to cancel it to flee, and it knocks enemies a short distance back). They just don't add up.

This is a problem for me as I already believe Janna has become an under-powered champ, with nerf after nerf. She isn't seen much in games anymore. The slow on her ult was removed and various other nerfs have been added. She is supposed to do well against Taric, but his (unneeded) buff changed that. Janna requires such precise play to pull her off. If you don't play almost perfectly, one wrong ult that knocks an enemy in the wrong direction, and suddenly your team hates you. Also Janna does almost 0 dmg as a support. Taric......stun, walk up w-r....dead.....even if you're in the lead. Same with Soraka, she lacks CC and is not an aggressive support, but I love her, and pick her cause she's cool, and then I regret it.

My question....who the heck wouldn't want an aggressive support? These champs aren't played because they just don't have the power of others!. Even Sona....her Q hits for almost nothing! It just doesn't make sense. Her lanning phase is supposed to be strong, like Tarics. But its not anymore. These changes don't make sense to me.

What it all boils down to, for me personally, is a lack of variety. We see sooooo many champs that just aren't ever played anymore! Nasus, Heimerdinger, Janna, Karma, Kassadin, Malzahar, Talon, and several others. The worst of the above are definitely Nasus (who, in the earlier days of the game was someone to be feared) and Heimerdoinker (one of my most favorite champs, who I feel I can't pick, because his turrets die way too easy late game and he just isn't a viable option).

I believe that every champ in this game should be powerful and viable. Otherwise, it's just frustrating seeing an awesome champ with a great design, just sitting there, gathering dust. Please address these situations, so that, once again, there is more variety on the fields of justice! I remember in the vanilla days, the crazy combos that would come out onto the field and actually work. I don't see that very often anymore and
I miss it.

Lastly, Thanks so much for this amazing game. I'd pay for it if I had to, but I don't! So I just buy awesome skins to make up for it! Love your team and this game!!

Buko Kylen

totlybeast

12-07-2012

can't wait good job

Guillaume Rapide

12-07-2012

Did anyone else notice the 1 gold / 3 second quints? I'd love to get me some of those Riot!

Sticky Icky Goo

12-07-2012

Anyone realize that Nami's upper body is like being sliced in the middle of her belly button up to her chin and the scales just flaked out exposing her breasts and tummy. Lol

soralols

12-07-2012

do we have 1 gold per 3second o.o

Faxcub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I had to check the store to make sure there was no gold per 3 lol

hiiamtimon

12-07-2012

Copy one piece more so original riot OMG so pro make ur own champs please

hiiamtimon

12-07-2012

why would riot copy one piece tell me that it is the same person with the same aspects. nami in one piece controls the elements and what does riot do copy that stuff pro. you are smart????

potomotomon

12-07-2012

Finally a new support YAY!! can't wait to play her

DevilVergilX

12-08-2012

WOW riot... nerf this hero...