Black Champions?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

raidonkill

12-10-2012

dude...Black humans! not black Cartoon characters and entities

MAXED6

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysthunder View Post
I have played the game since the beginning and I own all but two champions and I buy most of the skins. The problem I am having is that most of the champions that are released are white in complexion. The only one that might be black is a skin of Ryze that we canít even get anymore. I (as an African American) would like to see myself represented as much as any other. Donít get me wrong I love the game and play it often but where is the love for the millions of players that are not white in complexion. There has to be some consideration for the other races that play this game as well.
Look at their vids
Have you ever seen a black person within their staffs?
If not come back when theres one otherwise it will never happen unless that champ is a feme.

EndOmega

12-13-2012

Brand

graysthunder

12-13-2012

Thank you for your comments. I don't want to sound like a racist or anything but I think it would be nice to do. I mean they can do all types of things with skin types. A dark skinned person in the game would be interesting to see. Karma is kinda black I guess.

Faithfeather

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-13-2012

ahem o_O if your looking for a "alternate skin tone" there is nidalee silly kids :P shes a freaking jungle mommy ^^ tan and delicous

aaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd

you have folks like soraka, shyvana, morgana and who knows maybe mordekaiser is dark with dreads

point is, that doesnt really matter. these characters fit in with the locations and lore. if they make a new rival city that could work. which actually that would be pretty neat, an ancient society hidden from the world rises up to take control.

but yeah x3 its not a race thing :P we could easilly say D:< YO WHY AINT THERE NO AMERICANS oh right because that place doesnt exist in LoL

Staravox

12-13-2012

Assuming, for even a MOMENT that this plane of existence operates at least similarly to the way that we do, and Damacians and Noxians breath air, eat food, and even KINDA live on a planet similar to ours, Faithfeather, then there is no way that a planet like that could exists with the temperate and tropical climate without people that are darker than white folks dipped in tea. Saying "why no Americans" smacks of bigotry. America is NOT a race, neither is Asia, it's a place, containing people. If I'm to believe also that riot truly has no people of ANY racial makeup other than white or Asian, then that is just narrow minded, lazy ass design.

For those champs pointed out as black, or even tan, the progression of skins for their model shows a relatively blatant "whitening" of them. Whether intentional or not, it is a subconscious desire to make those champs and skins more desirable (putting out a product that you think no one will purchase is just silly, so attempting to make it appeal to people is the primary focus, especially if they already own the champ.

I think the question "why no black/dark skinned champs" is both very valid and something that should at least be looked at. I don't write code for games or run a business, but i sure as hell play games a buy stuff, as do most of us. I'd like to see this addressed in some form.

raidonkill

12-13-2012

They will soon release a black champ dude with big arms and his ult is an aoe taunt that turns him into a white person. No racial. I just find it funny

Whaambulance

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subalternate01 View Post
he is not trying to have a conversation with you,

I to share your sentiment and think they should take advantage of this with Vi. perfect opportunity to do a atypical skin complexion on a character via the use of a skin.

Just a thought. if they can do this with over sexualization why can't they do this with skin tones? Different complexions have totally different stories while at the same time deviating from a norm. or similar skin colored champs.

It would be really rewarding to see more crazy things like Ryze, and other images like Karma to carry this into 2013.
YEAHHHH THAT WILL HELP THE AFRICAN AMERICAN MOVEMENT! What NAACP really needs is a black woman who used to steal but now just runs around punching people. Great idea!

TacoBlade

12-15-2012

brand is black, nidalee is arguable, and who know about jax

EvilMerodach

12-15-2012

Taric used to be black...
I think the problem they had with that was he started getting a reputation in the forums as being 'gay' ...cause...shiny gems. lol
....wouldn't look good on Riot of the ONLY black champion in the game was also a gay man.
VI wouldn't work either cause she's supposed to be an former homeless person/outlaw. Breaking racial prejudices is hard. They probably haven't found the right champion personality to make black without it seeming like they're being raciest/making a token black guy/making fun of the race by making a 'troll' champion black.
I think more people would be angry if they made a champion mocking black people than they would be not having a black person at all.
That being said though...I don't really know why not Jayce? I mean...he's pretty much already MC Hammer...who is a famous black musician....seems good to me. But maybe they thought it'd get trolled too much and add to the racism in the game. Hard to tell...I'm sure it will happen someday though. Along with a non-sexualized female over the age of 14. Or just another non-human female champion like Anivia. (Shyvana, Nami, Cassiopeia, etc don't count cause they're still humanish/half human.)

Edit: Karma is more middle-eastern than black. More logical that way too, Karma=karma=Hindu religion=middle eastern.

Edit,edit: Nothing personal against homosexuality either. I wouldn't mind if they made Taric even more flamboyant (I own the pink Taric skin and I think it's bad-ass!)
They should return Taric to being black once they have another black champ. It wouldn't seem nearly so discriminating if they had a straight black man and a gay black man in the game. Just only having one, and that one being gay...yeh, I smell multi-civil rights groups suing over that one....lol

123456 ... 7