Issues I've Noticed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainStiggz

10-11-2010

Gidday Riot,

I've played LoL on both PC and Mac beta fairly extensively, and here are the issues I've noticed so far:

1. When there is no internet connection, the dialogue box that pops up when you try to launch LoL is blank except for the "OK" button.

2. The pre-game loading screen is much slower on the Mac client than it is on the same computer running LoL under bootcamp.

3. The post-game screen takes a long time to come up after the game is ended.

4. There are at least 3 applications running at any one time. Is there any way to simplify this structure, combining some of the applications together? Once the PVP.net client is running, why is the initial LoL launcher still running?

Edit/Suggestion: If it were me, I'd have the initial launcher run as a background process, as oppose to a user application (if it's even needed) after "Play" is clicked and the PVP.net client is running. When the PVP.net client is closed, all LoL related processes should be terminated.

Thank you for your continued investment in the game, and I'll continue to post issues as I find them.

Zach

CaptainStiggz

10-12-2010

5. I've also noticed some problems with the launcher. There are times when clicking the "Play" button doesn't launch the PVP.net application. It'll sometimes get stuck on, with no LoL icon in the dock. I need to open Activity Monitor to quit all LoL processes before I can relaunch the application. I'll try to figure out what triggers this behavior though it may have to do with getting disconnected due to prolonged inactivity/putting the computer to sleep with LoL running.

Edit: It seems the launcher must be stopped, and the process "League of Legends" must be stopped if the game is quit while the launcher is running.

-If there is anything specific I can do/provide/submit to help out with Mac development, please let me know.

CaptainStiggz

10-12-2010

Here are my system specs:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

KiDarkness

10-12-2010

Yeah, the 3 applications running kind of annoys me.

CaptainStiggz

10-12-2010

6. When the launcher icon is clicked in the dock, it doesn't bring the application to the active window as it should.

CaptainStiggz

10-12-2010

7. When some jungle creeps are attacked (notably the small wraiths and the lizard's minions) and then left alone before being killed, they will "attack" the player when he returns even though he didn't initiate combat. The attack is just the animation however, no damage is actually dealt to the player.