Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PVP.net has detected a disconnect from ejabberd.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

feyrband

01-28-2010

Quote:
Jesse Perring:
Recently, some players have resolved this issue by disabling an IM blocking service on their router. You may want to check if that situation may apply to you, although, I don't know the specific name of the service or router; it's something the manufacturer would know.

Embarq is an ISP that has a history of problems connecting to our game for unknown reasons. I'll try look into it again.

i am on embarq and can confirm this issue. when i connect at my apartment on time warner cable i have no issues. tried same router at both locations. are other DSL connections having this problem? perhaps its the way the packets are being handled.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

01-29-2010

Just wanted to let the mods know that I played numerous games yesterday without issue and today I am having no issues either. I have not changed anything I am awares of...

will post back if errors resurface!!!

zypher of DK

01-29-2010

heey i had that problem and just made mine go away the thing was that the upload speed on my internet was too **** small to have two computers playing online so i reseved it for my self ... muhahaha ... but anyways thats the problem low speed on your upload makes the ejaberd time you all out

i hope this help some of you

razieh

Recruiter

01-30-2010

I just started having this issue about a week ago, I am running Embarq too. :3

Mandraix

02-07-2010

Bump, too many people have this issue to let it fall through the cracks.

BloodSlinger

02-08-2010

I posted this on another form (sry). I just started having those problems after everyother game. I have the same internet and computer as always.

Hoshi no Hikari

02-09-2010

I'm also having this same problem, but the funny thing is, it only happens for this one account. I made a new account, and that one has no problem with whispering in game or receiving messages from friends in the lobby while I'm in game. For some reason, this account I either get the message "ERROR - Unable to establish a connection with PVP.net chat server" as the game started or the error message about connecting to Ejabberd after the game has ended. This is my ICSI result: http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca208a-3884-ca2e4547-71b8-4cde-889e

I'm wondering why this problem only occurs in my old account but not in the new one I just made when I'm using the same computer and router to play both accounts.

TheeEngineer

02-09-2010

I'm having similar issues except mine happens while I'm ingame and it disrupts play. I know my connection is fine because I usually ping in the loading screen anywhere between 40 and 90. I also download files at 330+kb/s. It doesn't disconnect all of the time. Sometimes I can play several games in a row with out it happening, but once it happens once I might as well give up because it will keep happening . It seems to wait until about the 15 min mark in the game though and then it happens several times. I've tried restarting the program. I've tried re-installing the program. So far nothing has worked. This is really annoying. I am using a D-Link DIR615 wireless router and have Fidelity as an ISP. http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca253f-27213-3852ba78-3770-4a27-97f1

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-10-2010

Certain issues such as the ejabbard disconnect are caused by a number of separate issues. Most recently, there were some ejabbard disconnect messages related to the server issues that cropped up this week. Those disconnects should be fixed by the patch going in today.

There also seems to be a related issue from certain ISP's that causes the same error message. If you are still having this problem after today's patch, please run through this thread for tips on internet security settings and post your logs.

Hoshi no Hikari

02-10-2010

So after the patch, the problem still persists "not connected to PVP.net chat"
This even after I've uninstalled LoL and then reinstalled it. And like before, it only happened to my account that I created during Beta, but not to the one that I made a few weeks ago even though I'm using the same computer and router for both accounts.